Stag do lap dance bar, not for me.

I want the dancer - I just shared a flat with her!!

I have travelled a lot, met a lot of people and have had many adventures. I've had quite a full life up until now, and I don't intnd stopping any time soon. :) I was thinking of writinga book about all the people I have lived with and the things that have gone on in the places I've lived. I'l love to find the video of the stripper dancing around the pole i the flat. Even though she's fully clothed, its has made gay guys almost turn. :D

Send me a copy :hihi:

:confused: How are you being silly and old fashioned?

Cheesy crappy, lap-dancing clubs are very much a thing of the past.

It is you who is being the modern, not your mates! :D

John X

Wrong, clearly they are not a thing of the past John !

The rough old pub stripper is a thing of the past, these lap dance clubs have popped up all over the place, so there is obviously a market.

Easy money for those who work there, entertainment for those who go there, choices all round, no exploitation, no more a rip off than getting fleeced paying over the odds in a 'top' restaurant etc !!!

When people stop fussing over things like this, and getting on with their own lives the better !

Wrong, clearly they are not a thing of the past John !

What is a thing of the past is sad middle-aged (and young) men getting their rocks off staring at half-dressed women in the same way that serial drink driving is a thing of the past even though there is still a hard core of middle-aged men who persist in doing it.

Lap dancing is just the pub stripper 'tarted up' and re-branded to make a bit more profit.

John X

What is a thing of the past is sad middle-aged (and young) men getting their rocks off staring at half-dressed women in the same way that serial drink driving is a thing of the past even though there is still a hard core of middle-aged men who persist in doing it.

Lap dancing is just the pub stripper 'tarted up' and re-branded to make a bit more profit.

John X

Wrong again John, your spinning tripe, what I would say is, seeing as you know so much....prove it :D

It's my mates stag do next weekend and part of the pub crawl involves entering a lap dance bar.

Personally i find it degrading and i'm refusing to go there, though i will meet them in a bar nearby later as i can't face the exploitation.

Fair enough, the girls are paid well and they know the score but i just can't be a part of this.

Am i being silly and old fashioned, i'm only 41.

I understand that lap dancing clubs aren't everyone's bag and of course it's your choice. What I would say is that don't forget it's your mate's big send off. So try not to make a big deal about the fact you don't want to go to the club. To be honest it won't last long as guys will run out of money pretty quickly and want to move on to a nightclub or somewhere for a cheaper drink/girls that they can pull.

So for the sake of helping your mate have a great time why not keep your thoughts to yourself, tag along and then 'nip out for a cigarette' / phone call or whatever when all the others are engrossed (that'll take about 2mins). It's absolutely fine to decline the girls asking for private dances with a polite "no thanks" and a smile. Give it 45mins - 1 hour or so and then you can pop back in to the club and everyone will be ready to leave. Tolerate the inevitable post-club banter about which girls were 'up for it' and move on...everyone (except you!) will have had a great time, especially the groom, which is why you're there.

Good luck,

James

I'm another who isn't down with the strip clubs.

However, refusing to go in on your mates stag do, is bad form.

Yes, it might not be what you want from a night out. But this isn't your night out, so man up and get in there.

You don't have to have a dance (although from your comments it would appear your main issue is paying for the dances), just have a couple of beers - say no to the women who come up to you and point them in the direction of a mate who does want a dance.

The way I see it you have three choices

- just go (i've been to all sorts of horrible clubs in the name of 'hen do'

- meet them somewhere else later and take all the schtick you will inevitably get

- get so hammered earlier on in the night so you can legitimately leave before the stripping!

good on ya for sticking to your guns about this.

iv got to the door of spearmint rhino and decided to give it a miss.

i was also in my bosses club when he did the launch night, and they had lapdancers just walking about giving free dances... again, i declined.

just not for me, and to be honest, i wouldnt know where to look or what to do whilst i was being entertained.

The worry thing about this is the judgement of your mates. Why on earth they'd want to spend any time with a "man" like you is quite puzzling. You sound like a right miserable old sod.. Stay at home and do a bit of knitting or sommat...:hihi:

Archived