Doncaster Races today?

I've got 2 tickets today for Doncaster races (grandstand bit) but I've no idea what the dress code would be- is anyone else going?

There's a family fun day on, at the 'frenchgate family enclosure' so I gather this part would be fine in jeans etc

But in the main grandstand, does anyone know if its likely to be 'dressed up' or just casual?

I dont want to look overdressed.. or feel ridiculous dressed down..

There's usually a great deal of variety in what people wear, it also depends which part of the grandstand you are in.

You'll find some parts (like members enclosure) that men have to be wearing a tie.

If you are just in the main part of the grandstand enclosure, make sure you are smart casual, without jeans - just in case. Hard to say without knowing exactly where you are supposed to be. You'll find a huge cross section of society there, from the poshest all the way down.

Make sure you leave plenty of time, traffic can be really bad on race days.

AND - If you are having a flutter - Good Luck!!

the ground floor of the grandstand is casual, so jeans would be ok, the higher up in the grandstand you go the more strict the dress code, i know on the third floor you cant get in without a shirt, tie and smart trousers/shoes, and ofcourse the correct pass for that area.

check this out

http://www.doncaster-racecourse.co.uk/raceday/what-to-wear.html

thanks, I did have a look at that site earlier- I was just unsure as to whether the fun day thing, would impact the rest of it

I've only ever been to York Races before (Ebor) and the entire grandstand seems to dress up for that

Just a pity its meant to be raining most of the afternoon!

usually the older parts of the stands are casual, so wear what you like and that goes all the way to the new grand stand ground floor, and upto the crossover outside the grand stand then the dress code sets in, enjoy your day, i will be there also ;)

Archived