Festival/concert/gigs Idiots

I think festivals wouldn't be a great deal of fun if people sat quietly and watched the event in a sensible manner, it just isn't what these things are about. There are always people who go too far but I think you just have to accept that these things happen before you go, or accept that these events are just not for you.

Yep' you fall into the category I originally described.

Although, being fair I'd like to give you a chance to explain how throwing a bottle into a group of people adds to the fun? If you can ill apologise and maybe take it up myself.

My bold.

Im sure the appology will suffice:hihi:

I think festivals wouldn't be a great deal of fun if people sat quietly and watched the event in a sensible manner, it just isn't what these things are about. There are always people who go too far but I think you just have to accept that these things happen before you go, or accept that these events are just not for you.

Or the alternative is that the small minority of idiots who chuck cans etc are chucked out - I was pleased at one festival I attended that the security guards acted promptly to discourage this sort of stupidity.

This happend at a Madness gig at the arena a few years ago. Loads of people threw beer into the air as the band took the stage and the sound went halfway into the bands third number. There was no point to it at all, the band left the stage for half an hour and everybody got increasingly fed-up while they dried the mixing desk out.

I've noticed that the mixing desk at the Academy has a plastic sheet covering it now.

The madness gig at the arena, yes I was there too and not only did it spoil the atmosphere whilst it was being fixed but my daughter had to go to first aid as one of those plastic "glasses" hit her at the side of the face, it was broken so had a sharp point that cut her cheek.

Yes terrific "fun " was had by all!!

Its all part of the fun. Just take it on the chin, or get a seated ticket.

how is it fun being banged on the noggin with a bottle? :loopy:

I agree with the OP.. Festivals are supposed to be fun for all and not resemble a riot to overthrow a dictatorship in the Middle East.

I'm sure these people wouldn't do that kind of thing at a pub gig, so why do they feel the need to go feral at a fest? I havent been to a festival for several years. The last one I went to was a 4 day festival in Torquay in Australia. It was the first year they added a techno tent to the bill and they whole campsite was a total disaster area. People were pushing over the massivelights - onto people's tents, setting off fireworks - into people's tents, trees set on fire and portaloos tipped over (with people in them).

It was the last time that particular event took place. Shame really - punk music mixed with the Rip Curl Surf classic was just a perfection. :)

Or the alternative is that the small minority of idiots who chuck cans etc are chucked out - I was pleased at one festival I attended that the security guards acted promptly to discourage this sort of stupidity.

I agree with you entirely but it would be pretty difficult to spot these people in a crowd of thousands of highly charged fans tightly packed, jumping up and down. I suspect the only real way of dealing with it would be to have seated events only which I think would be a shame IMO.

This happend at a Madness gig at the arena a few years ago. Loads of people threw beer into the air as the band took the stage and the sound went halfway into the bands third number. There was no point to it at all, the band left the stage for half an hour and everybody got increasingly fed-up while they dried the mixing desk out.

I've noticed that the mixing desk at the Academy has a plastic sheet covering it now.

Yeah, it was that gig! Such a shame, as they were great :D

See on the news someone got severely burnt at the arctic monkeys gig by someone throwing a flare.

Still think that's fun Bristow or Erikson? You seem to have gone quiet?

On the Saturday night while Miles Kane was on??

We saw all the red smoke in front of the stage but didnt realise until later what it was.

Thats terrible, hope the persons ok :(

See on the news someone got severely burnt at the arctic monkeys gig by someone throwing a flare.

Still think that's fun Bristow or Erikson? You seem to have gone quiet?

Whoah steady on there pal. I didn't think it was funny in the first place. I asked if you got hit. You just went on a rude rant. I stayed out of it after that as I realised what I thought was the odd plastic bottle being thrown turned into something a bit more serious.

Then again, I find things like this happens whenever people and alcohol mix. Don't just think it's unique to festivals. Why not just ban alcohol at festivals?

Archived