Taking Advantage of the Mentally Ill

I am totally outraged

I've been involved in conversations on here recently about aerial companies trying to blag new aerial installs saying their new ones are Digital Compliant, whereas ALL aerials that are in a fit state, and you already get all the 5 channels, are perfectly ok.

I have heard recently (from a community nurse in Sheffield) that there's an aerial company, specifically targeting people with learning difficulties, that they need a special aerial and new HD TV for the Digital Switch-over to work in their homes.

When the scammer was asked further on what grounds they had the right to give such blatantly false advice, they turned a deep shade of red and refused to say any more.

This issue is being raised to the Social Services and other higher authorities.

In my opinion, that advert with the blokes carrying the old TV down the stairs isn't appropriate to application. It needs to be more black and white, at first glances it looks like an advert for a new sitcom.

All you may need is a cheap freeview box, 20 pounds upwards, no more than that!

:suspect:

In my opinion, that advert with the blokes carrying the old TV down the stairs isn't appropriate to application. It needs to be more black and white, at first glances it looks like an advert for a new sitcom.

I believe even black and white sets are compatible with the new H/D boxes. :)

I am totally outraged

I've been involved in conversations on here recently about aerial companies trying to blag new aerial installs saying their new ones are Digital Compliant, whereas ALL aerials that are in a fit state, and you already get all the 5 channels, are perfectly ok.

I have heard recently (from a community nurse in Sheffield) that there's an aerial company, specifically targeting people with learning difficulties, that they need a special aerial and new HD TV for the Digital Switch-over to work in their homes.

When the scammer was asked further on what grounds they had the right to give such blatantly false advice, they turned a deep shade of red and refused to say any more.

This issue is being raised to the Social Services and other higher authorities.

All you may need is a cheap freeview box, 20 pounds upwards, no more than that!

:suspect:

We now have a conservative government that saw fit to seize power even though they didn't get voted in. That being the case, greed and selfishness rule now and they are going to trample on people they consider below them i.e. everyone not of Eton. It doesn't surprise me that this has happened, you can expect it to get severly worse.

We now have a conservative government that saw fit to seize power even though they didn't get voted in. That being the case, greed and selfishness rule now and they are going to trample on people they consider below them i.e. everyone not of Eton. It doesn't surprise me that this has happened, you can expect it to get severly worse.

I think that you will find that they were voted in. Unlike the last Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown. How very democratic that was.:rolleyes:

I think that you will find that they were voted in. Unlike the last Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown. How very democratic that was.:rolleyes:

No they weren't, as everyone knows; that's why they had to bribe the Liberals to try and form a government. Oh yes, and the Grey Man was voted in too wasn't he?

No they weren't, as everyone knows; that's why they had to bribe the Liberals to try and form a government. Oh yes, and the Grey Man was voted in too wasn't he?

This is a thread about scam TV ariel fitters, where does politics come in? Please stick to topic:D:D

I was actually grinning as I noticed this thread change into a political awareness meeting, no harm and I love it when people speak their mind, no worries.

My feelings are pretty stringent on this (original) issue though.

We are all aware of people with learning difficulties, as a family we can't do enough for their welfare both at a personal and professional level.

Freeview boxes are very very easy to set up but undeniably some may find it difficult. In all honesty though, if you can manage logging on to SF and using a PC you should be dandy connecting up a Freeview box.

Good information page here:http://www.freeview.co.uk/Help/Setting-Up/How-to-set-up-your-equipment

...apparently it's much easier than a ship in a bottle :D

Stop lying. As I recall the last Govt hung on to power for many days after the election and was unable to form a deal with the minority parties. That's not the Conservatives seizing power - that's Labour being unable to hang on to it.

Archived