Magnificent old Horsey in the playground

We came across this magnificent Playground Beast a couple of weeks ago - the whole family had a go ;)

They don't make them like that anymore, I'm guessing it's 50s or 60s, but not really sure. The rest of the playground rides were more modern (apart from the slide, that looked quite old too)

Anyone remember a playground Horsey like this one?

And brownie points to anyone who can tell me the location of the playground :D

OH wow, draggletail! What memories!!! I thought that those horsies'd all vanished. Me and my sister used to love playing on those rocking horses. Pretty much every park used to have one of those, along with a roundabout or two (one with seats, for the little-ies,) and the obligatory swings and a slide.

I've hazarded a guess by PM where the park could be.

WOW!!!

only last night was i thinking about the one i used to play on back home in the 80's/early 90's!!

thought they were gone forever cos of 'elf and safety... definately the best ride in the playground, ever. what kids have nowadays just doesn't compare!

I do remember a ride of this kind but i cant really think of where it could be, other than somewhere near Dronfield?

Not a million miles away from Dronfield, wouldn't want to walk it personally (would be a flask and sandwiches job) :D

Is this the one on the playground at Unston Green nr. Chesterfield.

Nope, nice to know there's another one around though!

I'll give others a chance and if no one gets it reveal the Horsey location tomorrow morning ;)

We came across this magnificent Playground Beast a couple of weeks ago - the whole family had a go ;)

They don't make them like that anymore, I'm guessing it's 50s or 60s, but not really sure. The rest of the playground rides were more modern (apart from the slide, that looked quite old too)

Anyone remember a playground Horsey like this one?

And brownie points to anyone who can tell me the location of the playground :D

i have one off these in my garden

Archived