Magnificent old Horsey in the playground

There was one in Millhouses Park when my kids were of an age, this would've been late 80s - early 90s. I remember them from my own childhood in the 60s too, I'm amazed they're still around with all the modern health and safety nonsense.

Grindleford?

Yes it is, well done!

Do I get a prize?

You could treat yourself to a cream tea and a cappuccino from the Deli/Cafe a couple of hundred yards from the playground - nice strong, hot coffee - sorry I can't pay for it though :D

Yes it is, well done!

You could treat yourself to a cream tea and a cappuccino from the Deli/Cafe a couple of hundred yards from the playground - nice strong, hot coffee - sorry I can't pay for it though :D

Thanks! I think I will.:D

Ah, the Horsies!

I remember hours of fun on one of those in Abbeyfield Park in the 1970's. I've no idea if it's still there, anyone know?

That the little park at Burngreave?

I doubt any of the horsies are left, far too dangerous for the children today. I remember the one at Firth Park and the little roundabout where you'd lie down with a wooden lolly stick trying to get it to smoke.

Archived