The Secret Teddie Boy !

Back in the 50s as a young teenage Tup I had a secret that my tyranical dear old dad never knew up to his dying day.As I grew older he still ruled with a rod of iron,he wouldn,t let me have a door key,he told me what to wear,if I didn,t get home by 11 pm I was locked out. Instead of arguing with him I let him think he was having his way,at this time I was knocking about with a mate called Dave Marlowe who lived by the side of Hillfoot Club.His mother let me keep all my teddie boy clothes at their house,so our old boy would have had a fit if he,d seen my quick change into my powder blue drape jacket with velvet collar and cuffs.red drainpipe trousers,black shirt,white tie and blue suede beetle crusher crepe sole shoes.We knocked about the old Kelvin,went to every dancehall we could,the Roxy Page Hall was a favourite,drinking at the Cannon Hall first.We couldn,t go wrong with the ladies and still only 16 yrs old.We had a close call one Sat night,we visited a dance hall in Rotherham and started charming the girls straight away,we sorted a pair of beauties to take home thinking of future delights to follow.By chance I was in the toilets in a cubicle when I overheard a few of the local neandatels planning to give us a visit to intensive care,I told Dave and we strolled to the end of the bar nearest the exit,before the locals realised we were halfway down the stairs and out.As luck would have it the Sheffield bus was just pulling away,we jumped on ,at that moment a mob came galloping round the corner to which we gave the two finger salute and shouted the Sheffield farewell,a close one and not the last!.We had lots of good times until I met a girl and started courting,our old lad would have blown a gasket if he knew half of our escapades.[happy memories of old times]:cool::cool::D:hihi:

Back in the 50s as a young teenage Tup I had a secret that my tyranical dear old dad never knew up to his dying day.As I grew older he still ruled with a rod of iron,he wouldn,t let me have a door key,he told me what to wear,if I didn,t get home by 11 pm I was locked out. Instead of arguing with him I let him think he was having his way,at this time I was knocking about with a mate called Dave Marlowe who lived by the side of Hillfoot Club.His mother let me keep all my teddie boy clothes at their house,so our old boy would have had a fit if he,d seen my quick change into my powder blue drape jacket with velvet collar and cuffs.red drainpipe trousers,black shirt,white tie and blue suede beetle crusher crepe sole shoes.We knocked about the old Kelvin,went to every dancehall we could,the Roxy Page Hall was a favourite,drinking at the Cannon Hall first.We couldn,t go wrong with the ladies and still only 16 yrs old.We had a close call one Sat night,we visited a dance hall in Rotherham and started charming the girls straight away,we sorted a pair of beauties to take home thinking of future delights to follow.By chance I was in the toilets in a cubicle when I overheard a few of the local neandatels planning to give us a visit to intensive care,I told Dave and we strolled to the end of the bar nearest the exit,before the locals realised we were halfway down the stairs and out.As luck would have it the Sheffield bus was just pulling away,we jumped on ,at that moment a mob came galloping round the corner to which we gave the two finger salute and shouted the Sheffield farewell,a close one and not the last!.We had lots of good times until I met a girl and started courting,our old lad would have blown a gasket if he knew half of our escapades.[happy memories of old times]:cool::cool::D:hihi:

heh nice story :)

Archived