Ultra-Orthodox Jews campaign for dismantling of Israel

Neturei Karta are a nutjob, wacko sect that numbers only a few thousand adherents worldwide. Plus, they're not really opposed to Zionism, because they only believe Israel is a bad thing because the Messiah hasn't arrived yet. When he does, the idea of Israel, and Zionism, is fine. Their objection to Israel as a state isn't anything political, or anything to do with what Israel or Israeli politicians have done - its a totally religous objection.

Thats funny but arent the jews that live in Israel now there because its on religious grounds, you know god gave us Israel and all that rubbish promised land an all :hihi:

Thats funny but arent the jews that live in Israel now there because its on religious grounds, you know god gave us Israel and all that rubbish promised land an all :hihi:

Or because a homeland for jews was established after the persecution they'd suffered - especially in WWII.

From the book "About Zionism; Speeches and Letters" (Macmillan, 1931; LC# 31004292):

In 1919:

|| I am against nationalism but in favor of Zionism. The reason has become clear to me today. When a man has both arms and he is always saying I have a right arm, then he is a chauvinist. However, when the right arm is missing, then he must do something to make up for the missing limb. Therefore, I am, as a human being, an opponent of nationalism. But as a Jew I am from today a supporter of the Jewish Zionist efforts.

|| One can be internationally minded, without renouncing interest in one's tribal comrades.

Einstein wrote the following in 1921:

|| Through the establishment of a Jewish Commonwealth in Palestine, the Jewish people will again be in a position to bring its creative abilities into full play without hindrance. Through the Jewish University and similar institutions the Jewish people will not only help forward its own national renaissance, but will enrich its moral culture and knowledge, and will once again, as it was centuries ago, be guided into better ways of life than those which are inevitably imposed on it in present conditions.

|| Nationalities do not want to be fused: they want to go each its own way. A state of peace can be brought about only if they mutually tolerate and respect one another.

|| It is from this point of view that I look upon the Zionist movement. History has to-day allotted us the task of contributing actively to the economic and cultural re-construction of Palestine. Inspired men of genius and vision have laid the foundations of our work, to which many of the best among us are prepared to devote their whole lives. It were well if all of us felt the full significance of the work and contributed each his utmost to its success.

1925:

|| Jewish nationalism is a necessity today, because only through a consolidation of our national life can we eliminate those conflicts from which the Jews suffer at the present time. Let us hope that the time will soon come when this nationalism will have become so thoroughly a matter of course that it will no longer be necessary for us to give it special emphasis. Our affiliation with our past and with the present day achievements of our people inspires us with assurance and pride in the face of the whole world. But our educational institutions in particular must regard it as one of their noblest tasks to keep our people free from nationalistic obscurantism and aggressive intolerance.

After the 1929 Arab massacres of Jews in Mandate Palestine Einstein wrote:

|| Shaken to its depths by the tragic catastrophe in Palestine, Jewry must now show that it is truly equal to the great task it has undertaken. It goes without saying that our devotion to the cause and our determination to continue the work of peaceful construction will not be weakened in the slightest by any such setback.

In an article 2 months later:

|| It was with a wonderful enthusiasm and a deep sense of gratitude that the Jews, afflicted more than any other people by the chaos and horror of the war, obtained from Great Britain a pledge to support the re-etablishment of the Jewish national home in Palestine. ... to redeem by their physical labour the almost derelict land. Deserts were irrigated, forests planted, swamps drained, and their crippling diseases subdued. A work of peace was created which, although still perhaps small in size, compelled the admiration of every observer.

In 1930 Einstein wrote:

|| One who, like myself, has cherished for many years the conviction that the humanity of the future must be built up on an intimate community of the nations, and that aggressive nationalism must be conquered, can see a future for Palestine only on the basis of peaceful co-operation between the two peoples who are at home in the country. For this reason I should have expected that the great Arab people will show a truer appreciation of the need which the Jews feel to re-build their national home in the ancient seat of Judaism; I should have expected that by common effort ways and means would be found to render possible an extensive Jewish settlement in the country. I am convinced that the devotion of the Jewish people to Palestine will benefit all the inhabitants of the country, not only materially, but also culturally and nationally. I believe that the Arab renaissance in the vast expanse of territory now occupied by the Arabs stands only to gain from Jewish sympathy. ...instead of facing each other with barren enmity and mutual distrust, they [Arabs and Jews] should support each other's national and cultural endeavours, and should seek the possibility of sympathetic co-operation.

In 1934 in "The World As I See It" (Covici & Friede, 1934, LC# 34027294):

|| If we didn't have to live among intolerant, narrow minded and violent people, I would be the first to discard all nationalism in favor of a universal humanity.

Dishonest "anti-Zionist" propagandists also like to take ouf of context Einstein's rejection of becoming Israel's president - as if this was due to political reservations rather than personal considerations.

http://allabouteinstein.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=46

|| In 1952, four years after Israel became a Jewish state, David Ben-Gurion, Israel's premier, offered Einstein the position of president of Israel. Although Einstein was deeply moved by the offer, he explained that he did not feel that he had the interpersonal skills for the job. Nonetheless, Einstein remained deeply committed to the welfare of Israel and the Jewish people for the rest of his life.

As early as 30 May 1948 (just 2 weeks after Israel declared independence), Einstein wrote a “Tribute to Israel”.

At the time of his death in 1955, Einstein was composing a telecast to broadcast in Israel during its 7th Independence day celebration.

This is what the Israel and Jew-haters usually do on internet forums when Einstein comes up :

they start off by claiming that Einstein was a great man and a great thinker and that we should heed what he said. They then pretend that Einstein was a Jew who was against Zionism and thus Zionism is wrong and Israel should be dismantled. When shown wrong, and that Einstein was very much a Zionist after all, they suddenly claim that Einstein was just another Jew who got it wrong and his opinion should be dismissed.

let's see what happens this time.

Callipo

Hm Einstein does talk about jewish nationalism, jewish settlements he mentions Palastine quite a lot, he talks about living in peace with the Arabs but i can't find a direct quote that mentions the country Israel

Ever been there? Clearly not. 80% of Jewish Israelis are secular and not religous.

I can't find a direct quote that mentions the country Israel.

that's because you're as thick as two short planks. For example, when he declined the post of President of Israel, he issued the following statement : “I am deeply moved by the offer from our State of Israel, and at once saddened and ashamed that I cannot accept it.”

Archived