A1 (M) from Doncaster

I recently went on the A1 (M) just after Marr and got off a few junctions at the top end of Doncaster.

I was on a motorcycle displaying L plates and got pulled by road traffic officers. They cautioned me and told me not to do it again etc etc.

BUT

I thought any vehicle can use a dual carriageway with 2 lanes and the A1 (M) upto the bit I got off at has 2 lanes THEN changes to the motorway.

This is only the same as the A6 and A61 and A38, A677 etc.

Who is in the wrong? Me or the "officer"?

Others have also thought the same as me,

Thanks!

I recently went on the A1 (M) just after Marr and got off a few junctions at the top end of Doncaster.

I was on a motorcycle displaying L plates and got pulled by road traffic officers. They cautioned me and told me not to do it again etc etc.

BUT

I thought any vehicle can use a dual carriageway with 2 lanes and the A1 (M) upto the bit I got off at has 2 lanes THEN changes to the motorway.

This is only the same as the A6 and A61 and A38, A677 etc.

Who is in the wrong? Me or the "officer"?

Others have also thought the same as me,

Thanks!

Doesnt matter how many lanes it has you were on the A1 (M) so yes the Officer was correct - your lucky you just got a caution tbh

Usually a motorway is dictated by the presence of a hard shoulder. Also the capital M in brackets on all the signs gives it away a bit. The number of lanes has nothing at all to do with whether its a motorway or dual carriageway.

If you are on L plates then really the highway code should be really fresh in your mind.

Ignorance is no defence.

So what's the point of your post? What are you saying on this matter?

You posted saying "you got away with it what more do you want?"

He/She just wanted clarification on it....you didnt answer the question she was asking

Archived