Everlasting friendship (do they exist)..

Hi all after spending a day with one of my longest term friends today. Had me thinking we had actually been the closest of friends since.....I had known her since being 7 and im now 28. :love:

She has been there through all my lowest moments, my tears, my laughter, my happiness. She has a girl aged 6 and a boy aged 2 nearly, I got a boy aged 9 and a daughter who is 3.

We can go months without talking and then pick up just where we left off.

I know of I ever needed her and I phoned she would be here for me.

Im really proud of my closest friend. She is beautiful inside and out and has shown me exactly what friendship is about.

She respects me and listens to me , and makes me laugh.

Most of the time she finishes my sentences and always knows when somethings wrong, when im down or need a chat.

Like a few year ago I suffered bad depression and everyone deserted me.

She knew the way I was being, was not normal for me. No matter how hard I tried to push her away ect She thought back harder to be there and stay.

Its weird how our kids are now growing up together just as we have. She always was a great judge of character and every person/friend that let me down she warned me would but would never say I told you so. lol

Anyone else got a everlasting friendship?? whats the longest your friendships have lasted? And do you think you will always be close?? What qualitys in the friendship do you think makes it work ?

I hope and know that we will be best friends in a nursing home in our 80's :hihi: I know there is no other friend I would want to share that moment with. Don't get me wrong I love my new friends, but nothing better then that forever friend you know you can trust whole heartedly

my best friend and i met aged 3 years old at nursery school , we are now almost 50 and still friends 47 years on ....never argued or fallen out ever...been thru thick and thin together. now thats a friendship

my best friend and i met aged 3 years old at nursery school , we are now almost 50 and still friends 47 years on ....never argued or fallen out ever...been thru thick and thin together. now thats a friendship

Are you both still alive?:suspect:

We had 2 arguments but we always make up after an hour or by end of day we don't leave it.

First one we had was over a boy when we was young. haha

And second one Ill always regrett because that was longest we went without talking.

And because of it happening on my wedding morning she did not come wedding.

But we made up that night and she came hotel to see me in my dress and have a pic took with me.

And it was still the best day of my life, But we dont argue at all but she not fake, she is honest and she admitts when she is wrong like me.

Can't stand that in people when they can not admitt they was wrong.

Think the honesty is what makes our friendship last, I know because she is so honest and that she never forgets our friendship I can trust her.

And trust is what makes any relationship/ friendship or family

:)

Archived