What proportion of the population works weekdays 9-5?

Do you mean people who work on Bank Holidays or do have to work them for nothing? Believe me you woudn't want to have to work them as I do and we don't get extra pay

Likewise, it's a normal working day for me. I do get to knock off 3 hours early and I get a day in Leiu to take when I want, but when everyone else is off, it's no fun working Bank hols :(

Children don't 'work' but they do school from 9 - 3 mon - fri, so you can add the % of children >5 to the numbers who care about the weekend (although they probably don't read a paper or watch the news). Their parents probably still care as well, even if they don't work that pattern themselves.

Yes don't understand how this relates to question.

It applies because of this from the OP

and how many feel left out as it doesn't apply to their personal circumstances.

If they have children, even if they work shifts, it still applies to their personal circumstances.

Likewise, it's a normal working day for me. I do get to knock off 3 hours early and I get a day in Leiu to take when I want, but when everyone else is off, it's no fun working Bank hols :(

I don't get time off in lieu or 3 hours off, unless I have holiday left to use up:roll:

The weekend for my fiance and I is vital - it's the only time we get to spend any quality time together. I work the "typical" Mon-Fri 9-5, but she works on shifts, which usually results in me picking her up from work at about midnight on a Friday. So for us, yes, the weekend is of huge importance.

Do you mean people who work on Bank Holidays or do have to work them for nothing? Believe me you woudn't want to have to work them as I do and we don't get extra pay

I would like to have the feeling of knowing that I would get paid to be off on a bank holiday.

I would like to have the feeling of knowing that I would get paid to be off on a bank holiday.

I only get paid if I work it (standard pay) or if I use one of my holiday days, it is not a statutory day and having spare holiday days does not guarantee that you can have the day off:D So I too have to work them

I only get paid if I work it (standard pay) or if I use one of my holiday days, it is not a statutory day and having spare holiday days does not guarantee that you can have the day off:D So I too have to work them

I don't have any bank holiday guaranteed off and don't get paid any extra for working them. When I work I do an 84 hour week too.

Archived