White kids with jamaican accents?

Is this the most stupid thing ever?

I do accept that there are times when a certain accent is popular with the youth, in the early 1990s the youth were trying to speak with Manchester accents, which is fair enough

HOwever, am I getting old, or do white kids with jamiacan accents just sound stupid?

Is this the most stupid thing ever?

I do accept that there are times when a certain accent is popular with the youth, in the early 1990s the youth were trying to speak with Manchester accents, which is fair enough

HOwever, am I getting old, or do white kids with jamiacan accents just sound stupid?

To be honest, they haven't even got 'Jamaican accents', nor have their Black British counterparts who they mimic, my mother laughs her socks off at their bastardisation of her native dialect!

Ps: Yes they all sound stupid.

I was about to post pretty much what BF said. This so called jamaican accent is nothing like Jamaican. Go and have a listen to a real Jamaican speak. It is a British accent and dialect.

But yeah, they do sound stupid. Ya get me, blud?

I was about to post pretty much what BF said. This so called jamaican accent is nothing like Jamaican. Go and have a listen to a real Jamaican speak. It is a British accent and dialect.

But yeah, they do sound stupid. Ya get me, blud?

I'm no expert myself Spyda, but the flat vowels and ambivalent phrasing isn't what I hear when I listen to real Jamaicans speak. It's a hard accent to copy and I imagine the hard pressed cockney wannabees (black & white) believe it gives them some credibility-even Jim Davidson did it better :hihi:

I'm no expert myself Spyda, but the flat vowels and ambivalent phrasing isn't what I hear when I listen to real Jamaicans speak. It's a hard accent to copy and I imagine the hard pressed cockney wannabees (black & white) believe it gives them some credibility-even Jim Davidson did it better :hihi:

:hihi: I had Lenny Henry in mind, but Jim Davidson works a lot better.

I've got to admit, I do tend to say 'init' in real life and a few other words. It's just the way it is, you can't really help some of the things you pick up growing up.

Archived