White kids with jamaican accents?

I think that's something we all do mym8, mirroring the accent/behaviour of people we're engaging with.
Never thought of it like that before, I think you right. Now thinking about it I talk a lot differantly when I,m talking to elderly people then I do when with my family. I would like to think thats because I was brought up to respect my elders. Not sure my accent changes though, but then I suppose like my friend I wouldnt notice.

To be honest, they haven't even got 'Jamaican accents', nor have their Black British counterparts who they mimic, my mother laughs her socks off at their bastardisation of her native dialect!

Ps: Yes they all sound stupid.

Yo there bro innit.

Regards

Angel.

Is this the most stupid thing ever?

I do accept that there are times when a certain accent is popular with the youth, in the early 1990s the youth were trying to speak with Manchester accents, which is fair enough

HOwever, am I getting old, or do white kids with jamiacan accents just sound stupid?

How do you expect white kids raised in Trenchtown to speak.Over a third of Kingstons population is white so its no surprise.In Sheffield the Asian population adopt the vernacular,and if you went to France you might even acquire une accente Francaise

Archived