White kids with jamaican accents?

I just don't understand the speech culture down south, and am married to a London bloke, I love any accent (especially the Geordie), but when i heard the adolescents talking like that, it made me think.

They DID sound Jamaican.

I was about to post pretty much what BF said. This so called jamaican accent is nothing like Jamaican. Go and have a listen to a real Jamaican speak. It is a British accent and dialect.

But yeah, they do sound stupid. Ya get me, blud?

I agree with parts of this my friend's other half and dad to her two kids is jamaican. When I ring her house and he answers phone I can not understand a word of what his saying I am 28. I often just put phone down and ring her mobile. lol

I have jamaican distant relatives but I myself am white, and don't think it matters who talks what.

We have classes for learning german and french I reckon they should do a learning jamaican talking class at least then they will learn something new, are experimenting with foreign dialect.

And then black or white they will sound jamaican and pronounce things right their saying. Along with some understanding of what they are also saying.

Im not racist to any race, I side with both sides people come uk from other countries do we dictate weather they can speak real english or not because they aint right coulor or nationality.

Just an opinion ill stick with it too :)

I've been in Germany since 1984 and speak fluent German, in my years in Bayern I picked up a Bavarian accent, but when speaking English I still, thankfully, have my Sheffield accent.

Danka Hans-its so hard to lose the twang

It is well known that foreign people get more social security, but for a white to start speaking in a jamaican accent is stupid. The social can see he is white and thus does not qualify for the extra benefits.:loopy:

Thats right;they even get free flights home when its their birthday and are allowed to flollow people home and demand board and lodging.I p[ersonally claim benefits in Hindi,demand an interpreter,who is my second cousin and we split his £1000 fee

All teenagers sound stupid pretty much so nothing new really. But that's what we all say about the younger generation. I'm more concerned with the dressing habits than accents. Seriously, who wears trousers half way up their legs?? Bloody ridiculous! - though very funny when you see them trying to run :)

Archived