I have made an offer on a narrowboat

Well I've gone in at 20% under the asking price, it's a nice boat, good builder and a decent size (57 feet). It needs circa £5K spending on it as far as I can see, the offer is conditional on a full survey with the boat out of the water.

I've found secure marina mooring at £1800 p/a which is as good as I'm going to get. The annual British Waterways licence is £750 and fully comprehensive insurance is £250.

Unlike caravans and camper vans, these guys can hold their price if you don't pay over the odds and spend your refurbishment money wisely.

Will you rent it out? live on it? What will it be used for? Don't they take ages to do up? Get some pictures on if you get it, they are great things. Remember no shooting from the back of it though ;)

Let's see if I get it first. On your final point, are you telling me that I can't have a small cannon mounted at the stern? :hihi:

My dad had one for 7-8 years and got more for it when he sold it than he paid for it originally. He only sold it because the locks where geting too much for him and my step-mum, as they were getting on a bit.

That's why I'm going for the Peak Forest Canal, it doesn't have any locks, only 13 miles of it but it's easy to get onto the Manchester or Macclesfield canals.

That's why I'm going for the Peak Forest Canal, it doesn't have any locks, only 13 miles of it but it's easy to get onto the Manchester or Macclesfield canals.
They liked to travel around the country a bit though and would go off for the whole of the the spring and summer in it. The odd lock here and there isn't a problem, but it becomes hard work when you hit a flight of a dozen or more.

They now have a motorhome.

Good luck btw. It's very relaxing and you come across some cracking canal side boozers.

Would be a good investment, does anyone remember that one from Grand designs??

I do. Didn't it go missing? I'm sure i remember seeing it on the news washed up or something.

The only thing that would p me on is the internet. I couldn't live on a boat if i had to use a dongle

Well I've gone in at 20% under the asking price, it's a nice boat, good builder and a decent size (57 feet). It needs circa £5K spending on it as far as I can see, the offer is conditional on a full survey with the boat out of the water.

I've found secure marina mooring at £1800 p/a which is as good as I'm going to get. The annual British Waterways licence is £750 and fully comprehensive insurance is £250.

Unlike caravans and camper vans, these guys can hold their price if you don't pay over the odds and spend your refurbishment money wisely.

:love::love::love: Would you like to adopt me?

I do. Didn't it go missing? I'm sure i remember seeing it on the news washed up or something.

The only thing that would p me on is the internet. I couldn't live on a boat if i had to use a dongle

The marinas are geared up, also there are a lot of canal side pubs and hotels who's access you could hitch a ride on. Sometimes you can forget where you are, total quiet, birds singing and you're in the centre of a large town.

Archived