I have made an offer on a narrowboat

Have you a name for your lovely boat? On our boating holidays we have spotted the following you might like to consider :

Canalgesic

Sir Osis of the River

Half Cut

Whine Not

Quacksilver

Narrow minded

And one I haven't seen but was told about : "Onion Bargee"

Too the OP, buy a widerboat. Not a narrow one. More space to hang hats and swing cats around.

You're looking at up to a 100% loading on mooring charges, plus you can only really use them on the Grand Union Canal. As far as I have seen on my travels, they are live on and sail very little. They are not even allowed on my favored Peak Forest Canal, I know what you are saying, I like them to, but they are very impracticable.

Have you a name for your lovely boat? On our boating holidays we have spotted the following you might like to consider :

Canalgesic

Sir Osis of the River

Half Cut

Whine Not

Quacksilver

Narrow minded

And one I haven't seen but was told about : "Onion Bargee"

As I'm trying to buy a 7 years old boat that is already named and registered, I don't fancy the hassle involved in changing the name. It's name is nice, if I get the boat all will be revealed, photos and all.

I just thought, what if it was called 'Big Fat Barstool' ? :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
Too the OP, buy a widerboat. Not a narrow one. More space to hang hats and swing cats around.

I never ignore advice, a wide beam has come up that I can have tomorrow, I would have to moor it on a marina that adjoins a river, such at The River Soar. This one only needs painting and is 4 years old, I can 75% fund it from my pension tax-free cash, many thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

I never ignore advice, a wide beam has come up that I can have tomorrow, I would have to moor it on a marina that adjoins a river, such at The River Soar. This one only needs painting and is 4 years old, I can 75% fund it from my pension tax-free cash, many thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

:love::love::love::love: Would you like to adopt me?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived