Royal Mail want to pay me 48p a week

I received a letter this morning from Royal Mail, on badly photo copied non-headed paper.

Apparently they would like me to agree to have a secure stainless steel storage box installed on my property. The location would have to be secure and inaccessible to the general public. Deliveries / Collections would be made twice a day and contingency plans would have to be put in place for holidays etc and for all this trouble they want to pay a grand total of 48p a week!!:o Just slightly more than the price of a first class stamp.

Who knows what the implications are with house insurance, having Royal Mail and their employees using your property twice a day for their business.

At first I thought it was someone having a laugh, but no, it's genuine and has probably cost me a weeks payment in phoning to find out:hihi:

What world are Royal Mail living in and does anyone actually agree to it?:loopy:

I received a letter this morning from Royal Mail, on badly photo copied non-headed paper.

Apparently they would like me to agree to have a secure stainless steel storage box installed on my property. The location would have to be secure and inaccessible to the general public. Deliveries / Collections would be made twice a day and contingency plans would have to be put in place for holidays etc and for all this trouble they want to pay a grand total of 48p a week!!:o Just slightly more than the price of a first class stamp.

Who knows what the implications are with house insurance, having Royal Mail and their employees using your property twice a day for their business.

At first I thought it was someone having a laugh, but no, it's genuine and has probably cost me a weeks payment in phoning to find out:hihi:

What world are Royal Mail living in and does anyone actually agree to it?:loopy:

Just say no then, if its paid once a yr its still £25 for doing nothing.

I can post a letter to Glasgow today and it gets delivered there (in most cases)the day after if thats not impressive then I dont know what is and your interpritation of Fail must be different from mine.

We had a postie delivering on our street at quarter past seven in the evening the other week ,to be honest I think the Royal Mail do an excellent job considering all the stuff thats been thrown at them in the last few years

Just say no then, if its paid once a yr its still £25 for doing nothing.

But is it for nothing? What about liability and insurances? Surely you would have to tell your mortgage provider that a 'business' is being run from the property? I am genuinely interested how it would affect this?

Just say no then.

There would be no problems with insurance, all they are doing is storing a bag of mail for your street for a couple of hours. It would help your postie, not hinder. And it will only be for at max a year as things are changing.

Our neighbour's box is situated at the top of an access road so is technically off his property. He has never mentioned any problems with insurance etc

They wanted it on my property and I suspect I have been chosen because I have a large locked gate. They generously offer to pay for their own keys cutting :hihi:

I still think they've got a bloody cheek.

Archived