Royal Mail want to pay me 48p a week

Just say no then.

There would be no problems with insurance, all they are doing is storing a bag of mail for your street for a couple of hours. It would help your postie, not hinder. And it will only be for at max a year as things are changing.

Do you work for RM or insurance or mortgage company?;)

Shouldn't increase posties work load, she'll be delivering the same amount of stuff I should think, just not having to go as far to pick up the bags. Where do they want it? On your garden or something? I don't think it would count as them 'running' the business from your address either xx

I can post a letter to Glasgow today and it gets delivered there (in most cases)the day after if thats not impressive then I dont know what is and your interpritation of Fail must be different from mine.

They did a test a few years ago where they posted two letters in London, one was to somewhere like Glasgow, the other was in one of the London boroughs.

The one to Glasgow (ish) was delivered the next day, the one to London took 3 days:D.

They wanted it on my property and I suspect I have been chosen because I have a large locked gate. They generously offer to pay for their own keys cutting :hihi:

I still think they've got a bloody cheek.

Aye, me too. Tell them what YOU want for the box on your property, if they don't want to pay, just tell them, no deal. Simples.

Regards

Angel.

I can post a letter to Glasgow today and it gets delivered there (in most cases)the day after if thats not impressive then I dont know what is and your interpritation of Fail must be different from mine.

There is a huge variety in the service of RM. On the one hand you have the efficiency of sending a letter across the country within 24 hours for less than 50p.

And on the other you have robbing posties opening birthday cards, and doddery old fools queueing in the post office to be served by equally doddery grumpy staff.

How much would it cost them in a car park for a few hours? Certainly not 7p a day.

Angel, that is the amount across the country apparently and it was a non starter for that amount :)

Tell them to bugger off, they must think the man in the street is daft. What they offer, 7p a day is just a bad joke.

Regards

Angel.

Yes it is a silly amount,but what would you expect to be paid?.I know people on my walk that would gladly do it for free.It couldn't be any simpler really...

Would you like to take our box on for £25 a year?

No.

They will then go ask someone else.

Simple.

Archived