Royal Mail want to pay me 48p a week

I think too many people take royal mail for granted. It is true that hundreds of thousands of items of mail are lost but when you take into account the millions upon millions of items that do turn up the lost mail is just a drop in the ocean. How would people like the service like in Europe where you have to go into town to pick your own mail up that's still not guarenteed to be right? Royal mail has both hands and feet tied behind it's back while blindfolded thanks to rediculous European laws so think yourself lucky you get mail through your door for free

Yes it is a silly amount,but what would you expect to be paid?.I know people on my walk that would gladly do it for free.It couldn't be any simpler really...

Would you like to take our box on for £25 a year?

No.

They will then go ask someone else.

Simple.

It's not a go at my postie, who is wonderful and efficient and I can't praise highly enough, but you ask what I would expect to be paid by RM? Well I don't know how you put a price to it, I can only equate it to the cost of living. So they think to take up part of my property is worth the equivalent to a first class stamp a week? How much do you pay for a parking space for a few hours? What else could you get for 7p a day?

I would still like someone who actually works in insurance / mortgages to state as fact if this would have any bearing on claim should there be one for any reason and if I would have to inform my lender.

I think too many people take royal mail for granted. It is true that hundreds of thousands of items of mail are lost but when you take into account the millions upon millions of items that do turn up the lost mail is just a drop in the ocean. How would people like the service like in Europe where you have to go into town to pick your own mail up that's still not guarenteed to be right? Royal mail has both hands and feet tied behind it's back while blindfolded thanks to rediculous European laws so think yourself lucky you get mail through your door for free

This is all true

Just wait until we are private and everyone is paying two or three pounds to send a card to someone who doesn't live in a city. Then everyone will be moaning about the good old day's when it was publicly owned and you could send a card nation wide for under 50p.

Support us and our union in our fight to keep the post public.

I would still like someone who actually works in insurance / mortgages to state as fact if this would have any bearing on claim should there be one for any reason and if I would have to inform my lender.

Wouldn't it be easier to ask your own insurance company?

My policy might say it would be OK; yours might not.

Wouldn't it be easier to ask your own insurance company?

My policy might say it would be OK; yours might not.

Quite BananaSplit I agree. I ask, not because I have any intention of doing it for a pittance of 7p a day, but like most forums, peeps speak with such authority but it is only opinion rather than fact ;) I do wonder if there are larger implications to this.

It's not a go at my postie, who is wonderful and efficient and I can't praise highly enough, but you ask what I would expect to be paid by RM? Well I don't know how you put a price to it, I can only equate it to the cost of living. So they think to take up part of my property is worth the equivalent to a first class stamp a week? How much do you pay for a parking space for a few hours? What else could you get for 7p a day?

I think the payment is more of a thank you payment,instead of a profit making/renting of space payment.I mean how much could they offer before the taxman wants a cut?.I have personally refused a box on my back garden for several reasons,non of them to do with money though.

Archived