Benefits not to be cut to £26,000 a year - good new for low paid workers?

It's a typical Tory policy designed to satisfy their voters. Listening to the news last night there are fewer than 50,000 claimants who get more than £26k pa and the amount of exceptions they are going to include in the bill will bring those down to a few thousand. It makes good headlines for the DM and will have their readers spitting their cornflakes out though.

Could you explain?

Search the archives on here for my many many rants about the Daily Mail readers and their disdain for anybody who claims benefits of ANY kind.

Search the archives on here for my many many rants about the Daily Mail readers and their disdain for anybody who claims benefits of ANY kind.

Daily mail readers arent like that, Rich.

They are sometimes ignorant, sometimes biggoted but to say that is totaly untrue.

I suspect you are 'getting your defence in first' and trying to tar a section of society a certain way because it fits YOUR ignorant stereotype.

:)

That wasn't what I wanted explaining,

Could you explain why benefits not being cut to £26000 would please Daily Mail readers?

I quote

'Tory ministers are to backtrack on their pledge to cap state welfare hand-outs at £26,000 a year.

The retreat, which is a sop to Lib Dems, will overturn a promise that no household on benefits should be given more than the average family earns'

Archived