Rant - Tax Payers hit again!

Sorry not a big fan of ranting but just heard that yet again the tax payer is being charged.

This time it's the digital switch over, if your TV doesn't support the switch over and you are in employment, it's going to cost £60, but if you don't work it's free.

Yet another encouragement not to get a job!

And before the 'do gooders' start ranting I'd like to say, if I (in full time employment) can't afford something then I don't get it, so why should it be different for others.

The people in need did not opt to go digital so why should they pay.

Q.How would you like a well-paid job?

A.Not likely-I will lose my entitlement to £60 for digital transfer

Like the 'well paid' edition to your comment. Very interesting. Seems to suggest people are rejecting work because it's not well paid.

And I think our understanding of people in need may differ somewhat. I personally don't think those truly in need are going to be worrying too much about being able to watch TV.

StrikerPaul

Because you are lucky to have a job.

Regards

Angel.

To be fair those who are in the difficult possition of being out of work do not have the luxury of watching "telleh", they have the full time job of looking for work. I agree with the OP that the digital switchover allows a good opportunity sadly squandered to prise certain people away from Jeremy Kyle and towards an employment agency.

StrikerPaul

Because you are lucky to have a job.

Regards

Angel.

Yeah that's one way at looking at it. Probably the unemployed view but fair enough.

Not sure having or getting a job is entirely down to luck though?

Regards

The people in need did not opt to go digital so why should they pay.

Q.How would you like a well-paid job?

A.Not likely-I will lose my entitlement to £60 for digital transfer

A TV is not a need, it is a luxury. Nobody starved because they did not have a TV. I do not mind paying my massive taxes for others to eat, but I do not wish to pay for their luxuries.

Like the 'well paid' edition to your comment. Very interesting. Seems to suggest people are rejecting work because it's not well paid.

And I think our understanding of people in need may differ somewhat. I personally don't think those truly in need are going to be worrying too much about being able to watch TV.

Edition or addition both make sense in different ways:hihi:

To be fair those who are in the difficult possition of being out of work do not have the luxury of watching "telleh", they have the full time job of looking for work. I agree with the OP that the digital switchover allows a good opportunity sadly squandered to prise certain people away from Jeremy Kyle and towards an employment agency.

You cant blame people for watching University Challenge or Newsnight;both are highly educational

Archived