Thrown out of Wetherspoons

Dick

12 of us were in the Wetherspoons pub The Bankers Draft at the top of Angel St last Monday night at 9pm. Mostly students but a couple of older middle age blokes as well. The youngest were 20 years old. We all got served at the bar and some people ordered food as well. We were all sitting together having a quiet conversation when a woman aged 25 to 30 came up and introduced herself as the manageress and said we'd have to leave. She said some of the group didn't look 21. I said do you have to be over 21 to come in a Wetherspoon pub. She said no you have to be over 18 but if you don't look 21 you have to have proof of age. They'd got student ID but she wouldn't accept that because she said it's too easy to forge. She'd only accept a pasport or driving licence, which they hadn't got. The old blokes said they'd guarantee everyone was over 18 and if the police came in they'd handle any problem. But she wouldn't have it. She gave us 15 minutes to drink up and get out, so we cancelled the food and went round to the 3 Tuns on Silver St.

What's the point of Student ID if they won't accept it?

Originally posted by Dick

What's the point of Student ID if they won't accept it?

Student Id is just to give you permission to be on college premises, use the libraries gyms etc.. I have just been up to norton this year to have a proper card printed again, but some of my college mates just got these heath robinson ones from the tapton office which look crap and could be easily made at home.

I have also used these college cards abroad to get cheaper entry into attractions, and more switched on countries don't accept them either you have to have an internationally recognised "International student Identity card"

Originally posted by fox20thc

You could apply for one of these prove it card its a recognised card which most pubs support.

most places wont accept these either, I have asked places when they have told me "Passport or driving license only" i say "Do you accept thoes ' prove it ' cards, and they say no...

This is the case for most places in the town center... I havent been ID'd in a while, but whenever I am, I ask that same question, as I have neither... and im sure there are 100's more people who dont have either aswell...

Originally posted by Ghozer

most places wont accept these either, I have asked places when they have told me "Passport or driving license only" i say "Do you accept thoes ' prove it ' cards, and they say no...

Not fair, I am well over 21 but still do not have either passport or driving license. I have found that more and more companies are asking for these as proof.

Not everyone drives and not everyone wants a passport. Are there no other valid forms of ID which are acceptable?

Archived