Help with Family Tree Needed

Hi all, :D

This is my very first post on this forum so firstly want to say a big HI!!

The main reason for joining this forum was to see if there is anybody that may be able to help with my family tree. I did start tracing my tree a few months ago but have since hit a brick wall. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or could help at all?? :help:

Sarah x

Hi Sarah and welcome to Sheffield Forum xx

You've come to the right place..

Theres a few people on here that are brilliant and are willing to help in any way they can..

Only today, I have found a distant relative, right here on Sheffield Forum.. :D

Good luck with your tree xx

Thank you all!

Firstly, The family name is Pilgrim. I am the Great Great Granddaughter of the footballer James Ernest Pilgrim (born abt 1874 and abt. 1939. He was a famous footballer. I have James' parents as Robert Pilgrim (of Norfolk) & Elizabeth Draycott (of Kimberworth, Rotherham). I am ok with the newer parts of the family as I have found a few census' etc but I am really struggling to find the parents of Robert Pilgrim who was born in Norfolk abt. 1834.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Pilgrim Robert Edward born 1877 Docking Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert Ernest born 1878 Norwich Norfolk

Saw your post and had a look for Robert and these are the 2 I found the ones below are marriges for Robert Pilgrim.

Pilgrim Robert 1845 Wayland Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert 1844 Thetford Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert 1877 Loddon Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert D C 1950 Norwich Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert Valentine 1843 Docking Norfolk

Pilgrim Robert Valintine 1843 Docking Norfolk

Hope this helps

Thank you all!

Firstly, The family name is Pilgrim. I am the Great Great Granddaughter of the footballer James Ernest Pilgrim (born abt 1874 and abt. 1939. He was a famous footballer. I have James' parents as Robert Pilgrim (of Norfolk) & Elizabeth Draycott (of Kimberworth, Rotherham). I am ok with the newer parts of the family as I have found a few census' etc but I am really struggling to find the parents of Robert Pilgrim who was born in Norfolk abt. 1834.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

There is this one on family search, comes from the right place.

Robert Pilgrim

Baptism/Christening Date: 25 May 1833

Baptism/Christening Place: North Walsham, Norfolk, England

Birth Date:

Birthplace:

Death Date:

Name Note:

Race:

Father's Name: John Pilgrim

Father's Birthplace:

Father's Age:

Mother's Name: Ann Pilgrim

Mother's Birthplace:

Mother's Age:

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03938-8

System Origin: England-EASy

Source Film Number: 2262231

Looking at the I.G.I. the most likely North Walsham marriage entry for Robert's parents (if we can exclude a entry with the spelling Anne - though of course spellings varied) would seem to be the John Pilgrim who married Ann Rust at North Walsham on 31 December 1822.

Thanks Rivelin6, That is the Robert I'm looking for but struggling to go any further back. I don't suppose anyone has any idea of how to trace further back, eg, Robert & Ann?

Thanks,

Sarah

Have you tried Family Search because they sometimes have people further back,or buy a baptism disc for the area. Even better plan a visit to the area or get a researcher from that area to do some look ups.:)

Archived