Should assisted suicide be made legal in the UK?

Should assisted suicide be made legal in the UK?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Should assisted suicide be made legal in the UK?

im very surprised at the poll tbh..you are talking about euthenasia and people activley helping others to do so,nobody has the right to play god and therefore should not be allowed to do so.just because other countries do so doesnt mean its right for everyone.things like this are always open to wrong doers,and many would flout the law.

So people should be allowed to suffer just because some other people believe in God. Obviously the people that do believe would have the right to continue with their suffering whilst those that don't could chose to end their suffering.

I voted yes. Watched my aunt die a slow painful death which was horrific. She knew she was dying she felt everything and was praying for the end and to go to my uncle. We do what we can for our pets when we have to and should be able to do the same for ourselves too. With dignity

im very surprised at the poll tbh..you are talking about euthenasia and people activley helping others to do so,nobody has the right to play god and therefore should not be allowed to do so.just because other countries do so doesnt mean its right for everyone.things like this are always open to wrong doers,and many would flout the law.

Where do you stand when it comes to playing god with pets? We seem to think it's ok to put dogs to sleep when they are suffering. A dog can't tell us that it is suffering and wants to be put down like a human can. Are dogs not one of gods creations in your eyes?

I find it horrible that there are always opponents to something that often doesn't concern them. Who can say what's right for another?

Agree 100%.

I think that human morality has evolved from a combination of The Golden Rule and The Harm Principle.

Assisted dying does not contravene this morality, but demands that other people should not be allowed that choice certainly does.

I hope that the choice is available for me if required.

This is something I'm fairly uncomfortable with; where do we draw the line between it being an 'end of life' choice and aiding the suicide of someone who is depressed?

I think the line is fairly well drawn, at least in principle. Somebody who is depressed would not be given the option of assisted suicide.

I think the line is fairly well drawn, at least in principle. Somebody who is depressed would not be given the option of assisted suicide.

Then where is the line drawn? They are assisting those with non-terminal illnesses who have improving health. I seem to remember someone with chronic depression using Dignitas as well but I'll have to find a source.

I voted yes,I have witnessed countless people suffer slow and painfull deaths some young and some old,I have even nursed my grand parents.This is a subject that I know I am in favour of and no one could change my mind on this,not after all the suffering I have seen.My partner and I have talk at great length about euthenasia and have told each other under what curcumstances we want the suffering to stop,I am also researching living wills so under certain curcumstances, ie if I was unable to comunicate due to brain injury or stroke ect the doctors and family would know my wishes not to be resuscitated or have any medical intervention of any kind

Archived