The forum attitude towards others

In these cases take a deep breath & come back with respectful reply, becoming aggressive detracts from the discussion & results in the topic either developing into chaos and as such being closed or removed, benefitting no one.

Are you trying to tell me what to do. :rant:

:D

i try not to get into any heated debate now,ive had a few nasty ones,it can be very upsetting if your a gentle soul..like me.:hihi:

Can you back this claim up with evidence? I doubt it. If you are going to make statements like that then you should at least back up what you are saying with a reliable source such as a Government study and national statistics.

Can you back this claim up with evidence? I doubt it. If you are going to make statements like that then you should at least back up what you are saying with a reliable source such as a Government study and national statistics.

And that is one of the worst parts of the forum. The time of debate and opinions are rapidly being overtaken by the need for facts and figures from a government approved source. The amount of pedants on here used to be irritating but these days you have to become one just to be able to post anything without being ridiculed.

I hope theres going to be nothing on here which would upset a sensitive soul such as me. :D:love::blush:

I shouldn't think so ;)

It's a good point though - sometimes I think people forget that at the other end of the internet connection is a real person, and some of the nasty comments people make about others can cause genuine upset. I doubt the people who dish this out are bullies in real life but sometimes their online personas seem to take pleasure out of upsetting other people.

The forum is made up of a lot of personalities, some are more than capable of standing up for themselves, whereas others are not so able to defend themselves against scathing critique. I realise that sometimes this is brought on by their own actions but I feel that people are too used to the anonymity that an online persona affords and wouldn't dream of speaking to another human being in such a manner.

In short, be excellent to one another. It makes the whole place better for all of us.

Yeah, but some posters aren't real people..so why give them the time of day?

The forum is made up of a lot of personalities, some are more than capable of standing up for themselves, whereas others are not so able to defend themselves against scathing critique. I realise that sometimes this is brought on by their own actions but I feel that people are too used to the anonymity that an online persona affords and wouldn't dream of speaking to another human being in such a manner.

In short, be excellent to one another. It makes the whole place better for all of us.

Provided you're willing to take your own advice and provide a better example than you usually do, I think it's an excellent idea! :)

I'm always pleasant, helpful and fair to people, unless they prove they don't deserve that consideration.

Archived