Taxman to snoop into ebay accounts

You're wrong. But there's no way I can convince you of that. I've no inclination or need to fiddle anything so I don't.

Is that right and we are supposed to believe that ..hang on quite a few MP'S have recently been caught fiddling ..I would say they had no need to either...But they did..its whats called greed

Seems the government are to probe into online earnings from websites and e sellers,including ebay,to see if your pocketing a few quid more than you mite be declaring, using new methods.

Those who re sell home goods wont be affected,and register minimal accounts,but those earning a decent online living,but failing to declare will be penalised

Good-share out the tax burden a bit

Why not, selling stuff on ebay is just providing another service; a bit like a workman doing jobs on a Saturday and not putting it through the books. I'm not sure how the government will facilitate this though, what with all the Civil Service cuts.

Easy -they will insist that Ebay present details .Ebay will then raise fees etc. and the goverment get details for free -easy.

Is that right and we are supposed to believe that ..hang on quite a few MP'S have recently been caught fiddling ..I would say they had no need to either...But they did..its whats called greed

Maybe you're greedier than me, or maybe I don't think the risk is worth it, or maybe a bit of both...

You'll note that 'quite a few' is not 'all'.

Maybe you're greedier than me, or maybe I don't think the risk is worth it, or maybe a bit of both...

You'll note that 'quite a few' is not 'all'.

Yep they were the few that got caught the others kept there heads down

eBay must have recently 'improved' their back end systems, as users are now able to see their transaction history over the past 3 years or so (used to be limited to 60 days). Maybe this explain that :huh:

As for Paypal having "always been open to the taxman"...one has to wonder why they felt the need to locate their EU HQ in Luxembourg, then. A country (and financial system) about as open to EU/non-EU taxmen as a nun's private parts :hihi:

Isn't the VAT they pay in Luxembourg 15% as opposed to 20% here?

And you're forgetting man's natural inclination to do the right thing.

Where do you get that crap from mans a predator and everything that goes with that is mans natural reactions,slyness,craftiness etc whereas greed is his true nature hence the number of Russian Billionaires that have surfaced since the end of communism.

Where do you get that crap from mans a predator and everything that goes with that is mans natural reactions,slyness,craftiness etc whereas greed is his true nature hence the number of Russian Billionaires that have surfaced since the end of communism.

I'm not sure if you've noticed but "man" managed to become the dominant species by acting as a community, what's best for the community is what's best for "man".

As you're a nationalist I'm astonished that you don't recognise this!

Archived