What do you think about a Nepalese takeaway opening ?

I ate Dal Bhat every day for two weeks when I went trekking. It's not the most inspiring food, but probably very healthy.

On arriving back in civilisation in Pokhara we headed to the nearest pizza place for something different, but just as the food was served a dog staggered past that had been hit by a car and had half of its head missing. The remaining half looked too much like the pizza and we were unable to eat it.

On arriving back in civilisation in Pokhara we headed to the nearest pizza place for something different, but just as the food was served a dog staggered past that had been hit by a car and had half of its head missing. The remaining half looked too much like the pizza and we were unable to eat it.

Cheers for that - I've just had me tea!

Sounds like a lovely idea provided that as others have already said, it isn't just another bog-standard Indian....well, Pakistani/Kashmiri/Bangla Deshi to be more exact. We have more than enough of those already. Indian food is soooo much more than that!

Momo (dumplings) has its origin in Tibet. It has managed to create its own identity as a fast food delecacy. Tibetan traders crossed over the himalayas to trade their goods with the lowlanders from the south. Along with momos, thukpa (noodle in broth), chowmin (stir fried noodle) are tibetan culinary influence found in nepalese food.

I'd expect to see Nepalese restaraunts in London, and also Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham. But not really Sheffield. Of the locations you're considering London Rd would be infinitely better than Langsett or Gleadless.

Archived