Problem with neighbour's trees

have enjoyed my south faceing garden for years is /was a real sun trap . but now I am in the shade on one side 2 massive black ash and on the other 2 x 40 ft ish populars .. put me in shade all summer and come fall my garden gets buried in leaves ..

Did they just spring up overnight, or are you exaggerating somewhat?

I had some conifers on my back garden, I have to admit they had got out of hand but I was out of work and couldn't afford the £200 quoted to chop them back. It turns out a couple of the neighbours had been planning a petition and hadn't even had the courtesy to come round and discuss the issue! The trees are just about sorted now but the neighbours are on my **** list! If they'd come round and had a conversation about the problem we could have come to some satisfactory conclusion.

have enjoyed my south faceing garden for years is /was a real sun trap . but now I am in the shade on one side 2 massive black ash and on the other 2 x 40 ft ish populars .. put me in shade all summer and come fall my garden gets buried in leaves ..

hate these tree,s so much and am tempted to kill them in some way :suspect:

anyone else suffer from others trees

Fall? You american or summat? It's called AUTUMN in this country pal....... And it's biscuits, not cookies!!!!!

Yes, i also have this problem, my neighbour has 4 large conifers that drop loads of Cr@p on my garden & block my gutters when the wind blows, i could understand if they were overlooked by other houses, but it's just open fields, which is also annoying because it also blocks what would be a very nice view.

Incidentely, when i posted something similar about killing the trees, on this forum, the post got removed almost immediately!

Water them from your side with salt water.

Cannot understand how 2 populars 40 ft and 2 black ash are now becoming a problem. How long have you lived there, the problem you describe will have taken over 20 years to cause a problem, why now moan or are you a new owner if so why buy the property.

If you have been there over 20 years why have you not talked to neigheour your story does not stand up with respect.

someone once told me a way of killing tree's in the old days was to get the big old one penny coins and hammer them into the trunk low down, apparently copper or whatever the coins are made of poisons them

Or use a copper nail -the roofing trade use them all the time

Archived