Personal & Group Training

Offering Personal & Group training sessions with a professional yet friendly service from a local small business.

Whether it's weightloss, sculpting, muscle gain, increased fitness, postural correction or flexibility I can cater to your needs.

Train in your own home or local parks across Sheffield.

Know you are getting correct advise and encouragement from a qualified, insured and first aid qualified personal trainer.

Please see my website for further details.

Regards,

Rob

Hi,

My website is http://www.rbhfitness.co.uk.

Well, a long story short, it's technically unresolved. There's still some points I'd like to make out to them over an email. They told me I can't do organised classes in Meersbrook Park. However, I don't see a problem with making use of one of our fine parks by running through one with a client.

Most people prefer to be trained in their living room to be honest. Failing that, their own garden. I just mention the parks as it gives another option.

Rob

Hi,

My website is http://www.rbhfitness.co.uk.

Well, a long story short, it's technically unresolved. There's still some points I'd like to make out to them over an email. They told me I can't do organised classes in Meersbrook Park. However, I don't see a problem with making use of one of our fine parks by running through one with a client.

Most people prefer to be trained in their living room to be honest. Failing that, their own garden. I just mention the parks as it gives another option.

Rob

First off I applaud what you do, it's great to have outdoor sessions. What about all the classes that seem to operate in Endcliffe Park? I can understand the need for a trading permit - I wonder how many of these trainers actually have permission? You can't just use it for free - someone pays and maintains the park and only fair that something is chipped back in. One day someone is going to injure themselves on a session and I think some will find their so-called trainers will not be insured.

But pay for what and why?

These trainers are hardly wearing the park out. It's grass and it re-grows.

The parks are paid for by the taxpayer as green open spaces for everyone to use. And a few of those taxpayers will be Mr Trainer Man/Woman and the person being trained. They have the same rights as anyone else to use the park.

In what has been announced as Europe's fattest nation I'd rather see people put and about getting fresh air and exercise than the cider and joints mob who frequent my local park.

And I very much doubt the new licences include public liability insurance either. It's just a tax on exercise.

And then we moan when the strain falls on the NHS later on.

It''s not a tax on exercise. If there wasn't a charge then every Tom, Dick and Harry will turn up at the park offering a service.

Take Endcliffe Park for example - the cafe, the kids rides etc will all pay a rent to the council to trade. Without this anyone could turn up with a bouncy castle and charge people. The same has to be for fitness instructors.

The trainer should have their own insurance, but should have permission from the land owner to conduct a commercial enterprise on the land.

You're right. It's not actually a tax on exercise. However it is a tax on earnings. - Which I already pay when I declare my earnings to HMRC at the end of the financial year.

The funny thing is there aren't many instructors who put these classes on solely to make money. In my case the aim is to develop public awareness of my business and network. The most I've ever made from a class is £15. And that was doing a little LBT workout behind the obelisk in Endcliffe Park for 6 women who brought their babies along.

I do agree that the situation needs to be monitored. i.e You should need permission. The council should know you are qualified to a certain level. You should be first aid trained and you should be insured. However charging me £60 for the first 6 weeks then coming up with an annual fee after this period is simply too expensive.

This comes straight from the top. If I offered my classes for free I wouldn't have to pay the council anything. Which proves I'm not paying for the use of the land. I'm paying for the privilege of earning money on the land.

It's okay for the 'Virgins' and 'Greens'. We can't afford billboards and fancy internet advertisements to gain awareness. We need word of mouth and personal recommendations. Which is unsurprisingly hard to get when you're held back just because you don't have the finances available.

Saying all that, I like a challenge. I'm determined to beat the system and make RBH Fitness a well recognised and respected fitness service throughout Sheffield.

Cheers to that :)

Rob

Anyone wanting to trade/make money from using parks and public spaces have always had to have a trading permit. From ice cream sellers to travelling fairs, they all have to pay. It's nothing to do with insurance or qualifications. Football clubs etc are non profit making and are allowed to use the parks free of charge. PT's running classes from gyms have to pay rent. PT's running classes from church halls have to pay room hire.We have our own gym and have to pay rent and rates, so why should we subsidise other PT's who

are obviously making money out of using public spaces and aren't prepared to pay for a permit. If you don't want any overheads stick to home visits.

Archived