Syrians not Israelis slaughtering Arabs/Syrians

You talked about HISTORY of democracy' date=' And I'd say 1920 is relatively recent in this ancient country.[/quote']

universal suffrage only happened in the UK in 1928. That's when women under the age of 30 were given the vote on the same basis as men. Quite late yes - but not all that late. The UK was still among the first wave.

just out of interest, if the notion of universal suffrage is so important to you, then why aren't you highlighting and campaigning about these countries, where votes for women are still restricted?

* Lebanon - Partial suffrage. Proof of elementary education is required for women but not for men. Voting is compulsory for men but optional for women.

* Brunei - No suffrage for women. Neither men nor women have had the right to vote or to stand for election since 1962 because the country is governed by an absolute monarchy.

* Saudi Arabia - No suffrage for women. The first local elections ever held in the country occurred in 2005. Women were not given the right to vote or to stand for election.

well? Why not?

callippo, you ask Aim 4 why he(?) isn't campaigning for women's rights in the countrys you mention. To save him the trouble of replying, I'd guess it's because it doesn't suit his agenda for you to raise these (for him) embarassing and downright disgraceful facts?

Shame on you for pointing out (and in a public forum, shocking) how backward and corrupt Arab regimes are, very un-PC, you might (sky-pixie forbid) offend someone, tut, tut old chap...

You never quite got over Suez you did you? :hihi:
The Israelis got over the Suez a few years back I believe.

Google Ask Jeeves then open the Yom Kippur War the facts and figures will astound you about how the galant Israelis absorbed the cowardly surprise attack and then turned the tables on all the Arabs, they surrounded and cut off the Egyptian army blew their tanks to smithereens during the 'Mittla Pass' battle.:o

callippo, you ask Aim 4 why he(?) isn't campaigning for women's rights in the countrys you mention. To save him the trouble of replying, I'd guess it's because it doesn't suit his agenda for you to raise these (for him) embarassing and downright disgraceful facts?

Shame on you for pointing out (and in a public forum, shocking) how backward and corrupt Arab regimes are, very un-PC, you might (sky-pixie forbid) offend someone, tut, tut old chap...

Wow you'll be stealing my mantle for making racist comments. Only the Israelis can do wrong in the middle east and if you support them and condem Arabs you're a racist.

Go stand in a corner and say 10 Hail Pharoes

* Brunei - No suffrage for women. Neither men nor women have had the right to vote or to stand for election since 1962 because the country is governed by an absolute monarchy.

My old boss was the Director of Music to the Sultan of Bruneis military or police band around 1980.

You've mentioned suicide bombers in quite a few of your posts, what would you do to reduce suicide bombings Bassman62?

Yeah - I would hope you have some ideas about what we can do to minimise the appalling bloodshed and devastation that suicide bombers can cause Bassman; it's clearly a subject you think about a great deal.

My old boss was the Director of Music to the Sultan of Bruneis military or police band around 1980.

Fascinating. Any danger of you answering a question?

Archived