Dansette Record Player

Does anyone know how much a Dansette cost in 1960?
Although not dated, this Dansette advertising leaflet that was recently offered via eBay quotes a price of 18 guineas for the "Bermuda" model and 25 guineas for the "Monarch", which seems about right for the 1960s, when for example a Fidelity reel-to-reel tape recorder cost £25 or so.

I had a Dansette which was grey with a padded lid. I guess this would have been about 1963/4. My uncle had a second hand shop on London Road and my grandma took me there and bought it for me - do you remember that shop cuz?

I had a Dansette in the 50's, my first electric record player; before that it was a wind-up gramaphone. When I joined the RAF in 1959, it was passed on to my sister. I have moved on a bit now and play my music on Bang and Olufsen or on my Ipod.

Mike

Oh the memories i also had one a xmas present from my mum and dad,my first record was hey jude the beatles and mary hopkin those were the days,i must have drove em insane till i got more vinyls ha ha and i used to buy the singles from juke boxes with no middles.My dad used to take me to Violet Mays down the moor to buy singles,life was so simple then

Archived