Dansette Record Player

Hi there!

My name is Rose,

I'm a graphic design student, studying at University, and I'm beginning a project on Dansette Record players, with the outcome of a book and maybe a vinyl audiobook.

I was wondering if you had any of you had any stories or memories about your dansette that you would wish, or didn't mind, sharing with me as part of the project.

I would find it incredibly interesting to talk to anyone who has any memories or experiences with Dansettes.

Hopefully hear from you soon,

Thank you for your time.

Best wishes,

Tuffrose :)

x

No, because I didn't even know our uncle had a shop :huh: when I was 15 I started saving for a record player out of my spending money. Anyway after about 6 mths Dad felt sorry for me and put the rest to and bought me one. How come Grandma bought you one :suspect: was you her favourite?:cry:

Yes it was Uncle Paddy and don't think grandma had favourites as far as I can remember but I was only 16 when she died

• 2 weeks later...
Did you have a Dansette Record Player when you was a teen in the 60's ?

Did you buy 45rpm records of your favourite groups like:

Billy J Kramer

Dave Clarke Five

The Hollies

The animals

The kinks to name just a few.

Yes ,I had a grey and red one.Played all my Beatles records on it , plus Bob Dylan. Remember one of the hinges came off the lid and the lid scratched my new Rubber Soul album ! I was so upset. Speaking of Beatles, I saw them at the

Odeon ( think it was back then) in Sheffield -Wow.......what a memory.

Did you have a Dansette Record Player when you was a teen in the 60's ?

Did you buy 45rpm records of your favourite groups like:

Billy J Kramer

Dave Clarke Five

The Hollies

The animals

The kinks to name just a few.

I had to cut two slots in mine to play LPs.

Yes ,I had a grey and red one.Played all my Beatles records on it , plus Bob Dylan. Remember one of the hinges came off the lid and the lid scratched my new Rubber Soul album ! I was so upset. Speaking of Beatles, I saw them at the

Odeon ( think it was back then) in Sheffield -Wow.......what a memory.

I had a red and cream Dansette record player with removable legs!!

I remember it used to take a while to warm up

Joto, do you think she is telling the truth ? :confused:, Uncle Paddy then :o, just sixteen hmmmmmmm.

How very dare you, every word is gospel:shocked: I was about 13 when I got record player (1964), Uncle Paddy was my dad and Jotos dads brother and I was 16 once:hihi::hihi::hihi:

How very dare you, every word is gospel:shocked: I was about 13 when I got record player (1964), Uncle Paddy was my dad and Jotos dads brother and I was 16 once:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Joto , I am lost for words, or nearly, if our love lasts eternal, your relatives become infernal. But there again as Lucifer I suppose I should welcome them.

Joto , I am lost for words, or nearly, if our love lasts eternal, your relatives become infernal. But there again as Lucifer I suppose I should welcome them.

Would you kindly make your way to the naughty step or the wrath of the Sheffield coven shall descend upon you:D:love::love::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived