New pub & bar opening hours.

theimposter

With the Licensing Act 2003 due to come into effect on Thursday does anyone know which bars and pubs have applied for extended opening hours? I'm looking forward to some post 11pm drinking but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to find out which bars are opening later.

Wetherspoons have posters along the lines of 'no need to hurry from 24th Nov)

Lloyds No1 bar by the City Hall will open 9am-midnight and the Benjaman Huntsman round the corner will open 9am-2am Thurs-Sat and 9am-midnight the rest of the week. (If my memory serves me correctly).

Fat Cat I assume is opening until midnight, as there is a poster up there advertising a special beer Kelham Island Brewery has brewed called 'Open All Hours', which from 11pm-midnight on the 24th November, it will be just £1.50 a pint!

Originally posted by Internetowl

does these new licensing laws effect chip shops - the local one has a sign up saying it must now close at 11pm due to licensing laws. Never knew they had a drinks licence :)

Takeaways have to apply for a new license to stay open after 11pm... even though they won't be selling alcohol. Its a new way for the council to squeeze more money out of the takeaway owners, as I am told the new license is quite expensive to apply for.

Archived