Car insurance and driving offences

I would like to know how long a speeding offence stays valid FOR THE PURPOSE OF CAR INSURANCE only. My speeding conviction was 27th April 2007 (£60 and 3 points). My insurance renewal comes up in February 2012. Do I have to mention the speeding offence. Some people say it's 4 years and some say 5 years

I asked my insurance company why my premium was so high and she said it was because I had a speeding conviction. I asked her if it would drop after the appropriate period of time and she said yes I would notice a big difference. She said speeding was the worst conviction you can have as far as insurance goes

I asked my insurance company why my premium was so high and she said it was because I had a speeding conviction. I asked her if it would drop after the appropriate period of time and she said yes I would notice a big difference. She said speeding was the worst conviction you can have as far as insurance goes

Even worse than drink driving?

Worse than drink dirving/dangerous driving/ etc etc... I think they were taking you for a ride... I've just done a couple of quotes on compare the market..1 with a clean licence and one with an SP30 with £60 and 3 points..made £13 difference to the premium..

In my experience having 3 to 6 points (SP30) makes very little difference to your premiums. I think she was talking ******s.

jb

She said speeding was the worst conviction you can have as far as insurance goes

Which is funny because the rest of the insurance industry sees minor speeding offences as an occupational hazard of driving these days.

I hired a truck a couple of years ago and the guy in the office said that my licence was the first totally clean one he had seen in over a year! :o

John X

Archived