Sheffield Food Festival 2011

Claret

Sheffield Food Festival is happening 4th - 10th July this year....

Check out the programme here - http://www.exposedmagazine.co.uk/sheffield-food-festival-2011/

Lots of events going on! The one I'm most looking foraward to is the Wig & Pen pop up restaurant as they will be joined by the amazing East & West Monday to Thursday.

What about you? What do you fancy?

Will definitely head to the Lokanta stall. I've always fancied everything on the starter menu but less so the mains due to being fussy :)

Also very interested in the growing your own stuff in tiny spaces. We've managed a pretty good herb garden considering we live in a flat, but growing stuff like chillies etc would be grand so will be after any tips.

All looks a lot of fun though!

• 3 weeks later...

We called in at the launch last night, looking a bit too scruffy for comfort.

Did anyone else go? I especially liked Gertys Pork and the Thornbridge bar was doing a brisk trade in beer samples

Not enjoyed it as I wasn't aware it was on... Lack of advertising maybe, also due to that fact we're skint even at this early stage of the month.... Maybe organisers could think about scheduling future events around most peoples payday, usually around the last week of the month.... Just a couple of thoughts there

So how is everyone enjoying the Food Fest this year?

What have been the highlights for you?

Really enjoyed Danny at pizzatainment, he made a pizza with our 3 year old Finn. Also enjoyed tasting the yee kwan and our cow Molly ice cream for the first time.

We have uploaded some videos of the pizzamaking to our Facebook page http://www.Facebook.com/sheffielddealoftheday

One downside was an ale burger I had on not very nice bread.

Oh yeah, enjoyed the burrito at streetfood chef.

Archived