Public Sector Strikes

Though not a public sector worker myself, I support the strike as I would support anything which helps to undermine and destabilise the coalition.

That would suggest that your views on a subject are not down to any consideration of the facts but merely down to whichever party was promoting them. In that case it is probably safe to dismiss your opinions as nothing more than what the party has told you to think.

Ive no work or pension as such, I'll cross the picket line as I need food. My wife works for NHS and earns £800. I get nowt cos she works more that a certain number of hours.

Give us a job I can do that. I watched "Boys from the black stuff" as a kid in the 80's. I'm that Yossa Hughs guy. I never understound his carracter. I DO KNOW.

Though not a public sector worker myself, I support the strike as I would support anything which helps to undermine and destabilise the coalition.

You're not too keen on democracy then eh?

That would suggest that your views on a subject are not down to any consideration of the facts but merely down to whichever party was promoting them. In that case it is probably safe to dismiss your opinions as nothing more than what the party has told you to think.

Labour good, Tory bad. It's obvious.

I fully support the public sector in their battle, i get sick to death of hearing Lord so and so and Lord nobody coming on tv banging on about how the public sectors are getting too much money,and paying too little into a pension and that we all have to cut back, you dont hear these people saying how much they earn and how much they will retire on, they dont like to talk about their own comfortable finances and and their own mega bucks bonuses..why dont they lead from the front and set us all a good example.? i'll tell you why....because people in this country are too bloody thick to work it out, people are more than happy to moan about the guy next door earning two bob more than them, why dont the thicko's start and have a fight back with the real enemy.. the people at the top instead of their own kind....

Ive no work or pension as such, I'll cross the picket line as I need food. My wife works for NHS and earns £800. I get nowt cos she works more that a certain number of hours.

Give us a job I can do that. I watched "Boys from the black stuff" as a kid in the 80's. I'm that Yossa Hughs guy. I never understound his carracter. I DO KNOW.

Thanks for your support brother.£88 per day is a decent wedge.I did not realise Bernard Hill was married to a nurse and living in Sheffield.Are you a teacher by any chance -AB was a teacher before writing plays full-time.

This country has an expanded public sector which has large numbers of people employed in positions (obviously not all but large numbers) with little or no economic value and which are well paid and in almost all cases, entitled to good pensions.

The public sector also 'props' up diminishing membership of the various trade unions and this has in itself created difficulties for the same Unions.

When the recession hit, the private sector responded quickly by making painful but necessary cuts in its workforce. It also froze pay and reluctantly accepted that pension schemes, where they existed, would have to be scaled back.

The public sector did no such thing and want to 'blindly' carry on as before.

I have no doubt that many public-sector workers are necessary and respected. However, that does not mean they can be, or should be, immune from an economic downturn which necessarily affects everybody.

Striking will simply take money, which is already tight' out of workers pockets and will ultimately not be successful as it won't have the support of the majority of the population. Indeed, the 'poll' figures that I've seen show that strike action doesn't even have majority support within the Union memberships !!!

This country has an expanded public sector which has large numbers of people employed in positions (obviously not all but large numbers) with little or no economic value and which are well paid and in almost all cases, entitled to good pensions.

The public sector also 'props' up diminishing membership of the various trade unions and this has in itself created difficulties for the same Unions.

When the recession hit, the private sector responded quickly by making painful but necessary cuts in its workforce. It also froze pay and reluctantly accepted that pension schemes, where they existed, would have to be scaled back.

The public sector did no such thing and want to 'blindly' carry on as before.

I have no doubt that many public-sector workers are necessary and respected. However, that does not mean they can be, or should be, immune from an economic downturn which necessarily affects everybody.

Striking will simply take money, which is already tight' out of workers pockets and will ultimately not be successful as it won't have the support of the majority of the population. Indeed, the 'poll' figures that I've seen show that strike action doesn't even have majority support within the Union memberships !!!

hear hear good balanced view, the public sector have had it way too comfy for years, now you are getting a taste of what private sector workers, self employed and small businessmen have had to adjust to.

Archived