Public Sector Strikes

why of course our human right to withdraw our labour...which else..

That's not a 'human right' - it's a legal right.

If workers have the right to withdraw their labour (and if that right supersedes any requirement to negotiate) should employers not have the right to withdraw their jobs?

What's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

You always have the right to quit a job (though there may be contractual limits [which work both ways] on that.)

I have walked out of 2 jobs. - I didn't go on strike, I quit. (Found another job the next day and had the great pleasure of telling one of my ex-bosses [who decided he really needed me] exactly what he could do with the job.)

(Actually, I don't get mad, I get even ... when his boss asked me why I had left, I told him too.):hihi::hihi:

They may be your human rights, i am talking about Banjo's own human rights, to withdraw my labour as and when deemed fit..

That's your choice, not a human right.

(I liked the youtube videos by the way, if that's you :))

I am talking about the NEW laws that are being discussed to clamp down on striking..

Everyone who is unhappy with their works pay or conditions as a right to quit their job and find a better job. But it should be illegal to blackmail your employed by refusing to work unless the employer as a right to terminate your employment for refusing to work.

They may be your human rights, i am talking about Banjo's own human rights, to withdraw my labour as and when deemed fit..

Well theres nothing stopping you from handing your notice in.

That's your choice, not a human right.

(I liked the youtube videos by the way, if that's you :))

Thanks, but that guy is just an imposter....i will have to get him to make some kinda video about the laws on strikes and bringing down rogue governments...:hihi::hihi::huh::hihi::hihi:

That's not a 'human right' - it's a legal right.

If workers have the right to withdraw their labour (and if that right supersedes any requirement to negotiate) should employers not have the right to withdraw their jobs?

What's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

And who is going to work for a crummy employer that did that? I would rather take the business from them or die. Under no circumstances would I let them get away with that kind of rubbish.

Everyone who is unhappy with their works pay or conditions as a right to quit their job and find a better job. But it should be illegal to blackmail your employed by refusing to work unless the employer as a right to terminate your employment for refusing to work.

So you think an employer has the right to push people around?

I can't see it here......:confused:

Your human rights are:

•the right to life

•freedom from torture and degrading treatment

•freedom from slavery and forced labour

•the right to liberty

•the right to a fair trial

•the right not to be punished for something that wasn't a crime when you did it

•the right to respect for private and family life

•freedom of thought, conscience and religion, and freedom to express your beliefs

•freedom of expression

•freedom of assembly and association

•the right to marry and to start a family

•the right not to be discriminated against in respect of these rights and freedoms

•the right to peaceful enjoyment of your property

•the right to an education

•the right to participate in free elections

•the right not to be subjected to the death penalty

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/governmentcitizensandrights/yourrightsandresponsibilities/dg_4002951

my bold maybe your not seeing what im seeing :hihi:

Thanks, but that guy is just an imposter....i will have to get him to make some kinda video about the laws on strikes and bringing down rogue governments...:hihi::hihi::huh::hihi::hihi:

It's not a 'rogue government'. It may well be a government of which you do not approve, but -like it or not - the coalition (between the lot of them) gained the support of more than 50% of those who voted.

If you (or any union, or group of unions) attempts to bring down that government, you are trying to deny the majority of the British voters the right to elect a government.

You might find a lot of people are against you. Some of them will have very long memories.

Archived