Public Sector Strikes

No i'm just going to let him take his kitchen out and say Ive had a better job offer, which I have. He screwed me down to that price cos he new I had no work. He will have to boil a kettle and live on takeaways. I'm sick of workin for less that £50 a day for doing the skilled job I do. Screw em.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I fit kitchens to the best standard, he won't get his kitchen fitted to my standard at the rate he wants to pay.

It is a shame your work ethos and proffessionalism isn't as good as you claim your workmanship is. Agreeing to do a job and then letting them down. Nice one. Have you been on builders from hell before?

bloody hell mate, you must really have an insight what with hanging doors and fitting kitchens for some civil servants. More than I could know what with me being one. And before you start I have worked in the "real world" in fact I served my apprenticeship as a joiner and have worked out of the civil service longer than in it.

If you are taking 1.5 weeks to fit a kitchen you have undercharged for your time too, just like hanging doors for £20 a pop, that is unless you are supplementing your income by doing these jobs.

Anyway if your knowledge of pensions, pay and conditions of the public sector workers comes from you taking a **** in their house while you work, your opinion isn't worth too much.

Also your picture scares me. You come across as being mildly bonkers too Riche but this place would be duller without you. Keep on ranting.

You again, I used to charge £35 to hang doors, £1200 to fit a kitchen. If I charge these rate now I would have no work at all so chargin £20 a door and £500 a kitchen is what I have to do to get work.

Ive worked in shorfitting as a Setterout and Fitter for 15 Years. So rack off. Before that I worked for Sheffield city council. SO I NOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE PUBLIC SECTOR PAL.

Because they clearly had no reason to strike being as the clear majority of employees were happy.

But it's not about whether everyone is happy there, it's about the result of a legal ballot of their member, which voted to strike.

Are you suggesting the a union should ballot everyone within a company, rather than their membership before calling a strike?

Its not really a majority 49:51 is it

Of course it is.

that doesnt hold in an election

Yes it does. That's exactly how an election operates.

If party "A" wins 49% and party "B" wins 51%, then party "A" forms a government, regardless of the percentage of the population that actually voted.

You again, I used to charge £35 to hang doors, £1200 to fit a kitchen. If I charge these rate now I would have no work at all so chargin £20 a door and £500 a kitchen is what I have to do to get work.

Ive worked in shorfitting as a Setterout and Fitter for 15 Years. So rack off. Before that I worked for Sheffield city council. SO I NOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE PUBLIC SECTOR PAL.

Me again. Hello.

I too worked for the SWD but I wouldn;t consider that gave me a valuable insight into the workings of anything apart from prior to painting and how to pick out the cushy jobs for best bonus.

I will tell my mate, who is snowed under with work (runs a building firm), that he is charging too much for the work he is fully booked in with until next year.

If you don't want to do the job - don't do it. Let him find somebody else to do it.

He might find a firm like the firm which fitted my kitchen. It took 3 people one (long) day - not 1.5 weeks.

(It's not a small kitchen - cabinets and work surfaces on 3 walls, lighting and all appliances. If the fitters had told me it was going to take 1.5 weeks to fit, they wouldn't have got the job.)

3 people 1 long day days? :roll:

Well well. Ive that takes the biscuit. So super speed = super Quality. Me thinks not. 1.5 weeks for a large kitchen on your own with oak tops and an island with sink. There were 14 unit and 5 integrated appliances also. I would luv to see your kitchen PAL.

Me again. Hello.

I too worked for the SWD but I wouldn;t consider that gave me a valuable insight into the workings of anything apart from prior to painting and how to pick out the cushy jobs for best bonus.

I will tell my mate, who is snowed under with work (runs a building firm), that he is charging too much for the work he is fully booked in with until next year.

SWD drawing office is were I worked. I am not a buildin firm I am a sole trader. I tell you to do nowt. What I do tell you is I have enough work yet people think us none Public sector workers have to work for peenuts. well we dont and if I choose to take a better offer a let a customer down I will as they let me down often.

SWD drawing office is were I worked. I am not a buildin firm I am a sole trader. I tell you to do nowt. What I do tell you is I have enough work yet people think us none Public sector workers have to work for peenuts. well we dont and if I choose to take a better offer a let a customer down I will as they let me down often.

I do agree that a lot of the public do try and take the mick out of builders. My mate nearly went bust as 3 people he had done work for suddenly went bust and couldn't pay. all at the same time.

I don't think you should work for peanuts doing a skilled job, nor do I think I should work for nothing doing a skilled job. We agree there

I do agree that a lot of the public do try and take the mick out of builders. My mate nearly went bust as 3 people he had done work for suddenly went bust and couldn't pay. all at the same time.

I don't think you should work for peanuts doing a skilled job, nor do I think I should work for nothing doing a skilled job. We agree there

i'd work for peanuts...as long as they are ready salted....hate those dry roasted variety....working for the bbc on friday...are they on strike...don't want to travel all the way to manchester...to get stopped on the picket line....playing a thuggish gypsy...am i getting typecast....:hihi::hihi:

i'd work for peanuts...as long as they are ready salted....hate those dry roasted variety....working for the bbc on friday...are they on strike...don't want to travel all the way to manchester...to get stopped on the picket line....playing a thuggish gypsy...am i getting typecast....:hihi::hihi:

thug or Gypsy? I can't imagine you being either ;)

But it's not about whether everyone is happy there, it's about the result of a legal ballot of their member, which voted to strike.

Are you suggesting the a union should ballot everyone within a company, rather than their membership before calling a strike?

Of course it is.

Yes it does. That's exactly how an election operates.

If party "A" wins 49% and party "B" wins 51%, then party "A" forms a government, regardless of the percentage of the population that actually voted.

But the tories won the last election with a majority but not enough of a majority to go it alone. There should not be a strike without a clear majority not a minor fluctuation.

Archived