Public Sector Strikes

Just on the news Sheffield will be the worst hit city because of the strikes, well done Sheffield for being the best strikers in the country. At least now you won’t just be famous for steel.:D

Just on the news Sheffield will be the worst hit city because of the strikes, well done Sheffield for being the best strikers in the country. At least now you won’t just be famous for steel.:D

If you don't like living here amongst hard working folk who stand up for each others rights then I suggest you eff off back to Russia or whichever country you love that doesn't respect the democratic rights of union members to withhold their labour.

Democracy is a tricky thing isn't it?

For a long time now, thousands upon thousands of people, including illegals, have been wandering in and out of this country, and getting away with it. Only the other day, a well-known figure who was banned from Britain, strolled through Heathrow and then conducted a mass meeting in Leicester [ I think ? ].

Similarly, billions have been spent on education over the last 20 or 30 years.....and educational standards have slumped in the international league table.

Will anyone really notice tomorrow if all the kids miss one day at school.....or if we throw open the doors for a day to any Tom, Dick or Harry who fancies popping into our ' Green &

Pleasant ' land [ ! ] for a few years or more ?

and second well done from me as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you don't like living here amongst hard working folk who stand up for each others rights then I suggest you eff off back to Russia or whichever country you love that doesn't respect the democratic rights of union members to withhold their labour.

Democracy is a tricky thing isn't it?

:hihi: Sitting at home refusing to work isn’t hard work.

One thing that amazes me is....how come Cameron is gobbing off about wanting mums and dads to stand in for the teachers, who is gonna be held responsible if a dodgy parent messes with a kid because the crb checks have been completely ignored for the day.....talk about changing the rules to break a strike

One thing that amazes me is....how come Cameron is gobbing off about wanting mums and dads to stand in for the teachers, who is gonna be held responsible if a dodgy parent messes with a kid because the crb checks have been completely ignored for the day.....talk about changing the rules to break a strike

Schools managed perfectly well before the CRB checks because parents didn't have sole responsibility for the children. I went on many a school trip and spent plenty of time in school helping out, and the CRB only stops the ones that have been caught.

This thread is a total waste of time, the public sector workers are too selfish or stupid, perhaps both, to work out that we have all been landed in the brown stuff by the last administration.

As you well know we are very much NOT all in this together.

The Tories friends the Bankers and their bailouts (not Labour) caused this economic chaos and have got away Scott free.

What happens if you work until you are 68 and pay into a pension for 50 years then die on your first day of retirement?

Where does all the money go?

If you are wed, a percentage to your spouse, the rest HM Government?.

Regards

Angel.

Fine, go "on strike" from paying your taxes. Ironically if people DID pay their taxes then there would be thousands less public sector jobs chasing tax evaders.

Chicken and egg....

Everyone hates me...but if everyone paid what they owed there would be no need for me...so go figure.

Just to be sure, you do work for HMRC and you are giving me permission to have a "tax strike" in witholding one days taxes for every day the idle public sector strike?

If confirmed then thank you sir, that kind of sensible thought process is what made Britain great.

Archived