Public Sector Strikes

:hihi: Sitting at home refusing to work isn’t hard work.

But losing a day's pay is. Nobody is striking for fun. I don't want to strike.

By striking I am breaking my contract and am being punished by having my wages taken off me. When my employer breaks their contract I'm supposed to put up with it. They never get punished for breaking their contract with me.

Don't blame the teachers, council workers, immigration officers, lollipop ladies, librarians, sure start workers, home helps etc etc etc for the current economic crisis. Why aren't you blaming the people who caused the crisis? Why aren't you demanding they give up their £100k pensions? Are you not bothered about them? Where are your threads denouncing excessive private sector pensions?

Fine, go "on strike" from paying your taxes. Ironically if people DID pay their taxes then there would be thousands less public sector jobs chasing tax evaders.

Chicken and egg....

Everyone hates me...but if everyone paid what they owed there would be no need for me...so go figure.

how many tax evaders have you personally caught? what amount of money have you saved in doing so(remember to take off what it costs us to employ you annually)then times this by the number of people who work in your office doing the same job. has the amount you saved the country outweighed your wages?

Guest sibon
Just on the news Sheffield will be the worst hit city because of the strikes, well done Sheffield for being the best strikers in the country. At least now you won’t just be famous for steel.:D

Just to be sure, you do work for HMRC and you are giving me permission to have a "tax strike" in witholding one days taxes for every day the idle public sector strike?

If confirmed then thank you sir, that kind of sensible thought process is what made Britain great.

Hi Andi(y)s

You do understand exactly why we are striking tomorrow, don't you?

For example, have you checked out which parts of their responsibilities the Government have reneged upon. It is quite big stuff, like working out how much each pension fund costs. They prefer to have a bit of a guess and then send me a bill.

Do you understand what the Unions are asking for? Mine is asking for the right to make sure that our pension fund pays for itself, not for everyone else. That seems right and proper to me.

And, I'm far from idle thanks. If either of you want to see what I do in a day, drop me a line and I'll sort you out a day's work shadowing.

Hi Andi(y)s

You do understand exactly why we are striking tomorrow, don't you?

For example, have you checked out which parts of their responsibilities the Government have reneged upon. It is quite big stuff, like working out how much each pension fund costs. They prefer to have a bit of a guess and then send me a bill.

Do you understand what the Unions are asking for? Mine is asking for the right to make sure that our pension fund pays for itself, not for everyone else. That seems right and proper to me.

And, I'm far from idle thanks. If either of you want to see what I do in a day, drop me a line and I'll sort you out a day's work shadowing.

Sibon, you're smashing and i'd never accuse you of being idle. I guess us private sector workers get a bit ****** off with public sctor workers complaining about pension funds we pay for because we don't have pension funds. I don't have a pension fund, i work hard, you work hard, you have a pension fund, which i pay taxes to fund but that leaves me with no pension.

You're a super person, surely you can understand why the self employed have no time for this strike?

Guest sibon
Sibon, you're smashing and i'd never accuse you of being idle. I guess us private sector workers get a bit ****** off with public sctor workers complaining about pension funds we pay for because we don't have pension funds. I don't have a pension fund, i work hard, you work hard, you have a pension fund, which i pay taxes to fund but that leaves me with no pension.

You're a super person, surely you can understand why the self employed have no time for this strike?

I can see why you may have been duped into thinking so.

I've paid a significant proportion of my income into my pension since 1986. Money that I could have spent on wine, women and song. I chose not to (well, not the song bit anyway:)). I don't want you to fund my pension, I want to fund my own. I'm quite happy to pay for it. The Government seem to think that I should also pay for the pension of the Armed Forces and some Civil Servants. I think I'm entitled to object to that.

By the way, I think you are smashing too. I appreciate your endeavour that produces tax money to pay me. I do think that the Government are attempting to tax me at 3% more than you though. Surely you can see why that might make me a bit angry.

I can see why you may have been duped into thinking so.

I've paid a significant proportion of my income into my pension since 1986. Money that I could have spent on wine, women and song. I chose not to (well, not the song bit anyway:)). I don't want you to fund my pension, I want to fund my own. I'm quite happy to pay for it. The Government seem to think that I should also pay for the pension of the Armed Forces and some Civil Servants. I think I'm entitled to object to that.

By the way, I think you are smashing too. I appreciate your endeavour that produces tax money to pay me. I do think that the Government are attempting to tax me at 3% more than you though. Surely you can see why that might make me a bit angry.

You're a good person so if you say there is validity behind the grievance behind the strike then i'm inclined to believe you.

Personally right now more concerned about hmrc thugs trying to bully me, fortunately i took screen caps of the whole incident before that individual had his actionable threats deleted by a mod.

Just on the news Sheffield will be the worst hit city because of the strikes, well done Sheffield for being the best strikers in the country. At least now you won’t just be famous for steel.:D

That would rather suggest that they have the most to lose to government cuts.

I wonder how the tories would pass off all these cuts if it wasn't for the global recession.

But losing a day's pay is. Nobody is striking for fun. I don't want to strike.

By striking I am breaking my contract and am being punished by having my wages taken off me. When my employer breaks their contract I'm supposed to put up with it. They never get punished for breaking their contract with me.

Don't blame the teachers, council workers, immigration officers, lollipop ladies, librarians, sure start workers, home helps etc etc etc for the current economic crisis. Why aren't you blaming the people who caused the crisis? Why aren't you demanding they give up their £100k pensions? Are you not bothered about them? Where are your threads denouncing excessive private sector pensions?

Who is your employer; if you consider it to be the government then you can punish them at the next election by voting the people that caused the problem back into power. If you consider it to be the population then you are punishing us by going on strike for something we didn't cause.

I didn't vote for this government or the last government so I have done my bit in trying to change things.

Ditto,

I support the right for any employee that is unhappy with their employer to find another job; I support the employer’s right to change a contract of employment. I support hard working teachers and other public sector workers, but don’t support their right to dictate their terms of employment, if they are unhappy then can find another job as many private sector workers do when they are unhappy.

Archived