Public Sector Strikes

As industrial action escalates it will take it's toll on the govts morale and op ratings, hopefully bringing an end to the coalition sooner rather than later.

Why should that be? The Labour Party don't support the strikes either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010193/Teachers-strike-Sophie-Howard-13-killed-falling-branch-school-closed.html

I hope you teachers are happy you have killed a young child!

Seriously I can't believe even the Daily Mail have tried to work that angle with the story. It is a terrible thing to happen but don't just report it for a cheap shot.

Sadly nothing is too low for the Daily Liar to try to make political capital out of.

Well as both Millibend and Balls up have both said there shouldn't be a strike it would only be an idiot who was swayed politically, and most of those already vote Labour anyhow.

:hihi: I agree with you that Milliband and Balls are anything but idiots.

ah, the 'real world' chestnut. My job involves helping people who are on the receiving end of some of the worst aspects of our society. The issues they have to deal with and that I have to help them with include:

- having been sexually abused as children, often by family members

- severe mental health problems

- constantly being targeted, robbed and exploited by people who live near

them

- being pimped into prostitution, sometimes by family members

- being introduced to drugs, including alcohol, at ages as young as 7

- addiction

- having been trafficked and used as sex slaves

- having been repeatedly raped

- having found a parent (sometimes even both parents) dead by suicide as

children

and so on and so on. Which bit of this is not 'real world' enough for you?

I'm sorry, but the discussion is about public sector strikes, because the public sector pension pot is inadequate, your job description is not the issue, I am sure you are renumerated appropriately for your role, but is the level of 'your' pension affordable, in the current financial climate ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010193/Teachers-strike-Sophie-Howard-13-killed-falling-branch-school-closed.html

Seriously I can't believe even the Daily Mail have tried to work that angle with the story. It is a terrible thing to happen but don't just report it for a cheap shot.

I can, it's the type of thing you see every day in the RW press.

I agree that is low trying to lay that at the teachers. I couldn't believe they'd even made a link when I saw the headline. :loopy:

Archived