Public Sector Strikes

You will have to explain that to me in simpler terms.

The government supposedly contribute to your pension as do you but in reality all they do is write an IOU for the future. You give some of your wages back to the government for your pension which they deduct from your wages, they don’t actually put the money anywhere because the money doesn’t exist, it’s an IOU for a future generation to pay.

Guest sibon
The government supposedly contribute to your pension as do you but in reality all they do is write an IOU for the future. You give some of your wages back to the government for your pension which they deduct from your wages, they don’t actually put the money anywhere because the money doesn’t exist, it’s an IOU for a future generation to pay.

Money is pretty illusory stuff in general, if you think about it too hard.

I work for my salary. I choose to save some of it in my pension. I don't have to do this, I could take it all to the dog track if I chose to. I really don't buy this rather ridiculous argument that public sector workers don't get paid real money, or that they don't earn money.

I know plenty of people who make no provision for their old age. How do you suppose that they will be supported when they retire?

I work for my salary. I choose to save some of it in my pension. I don't have to do this, I could take it all to the dog track if I chose to. I really don't buy this rather ridiculous argument that public sector workers don't get paid real money, or that they don't earn money.

I know plenty of people who make no provision for their old age. How do you suppose that they will be supported when they retire?

They'll get everything for free, while those that did work and save are penalised.

The money I could put into a pension would be invested, it exists and that investment can go up and down, what I would get depends on those investments. The money you offer to pay into your pension is money that is never given to you and isn’t put anywhere. It’s just an IOU for a future generation to worry about. The crap has hit the fan and the government seem to be struggling to honour the IOU’s that have been written in the past.

So I don’t see how a pension can be in surplus when there isn’t actually any money.

Looks like another myth about public sector workers has been shattered. For years they've claimed that they deserve gold-plated pensions as their basic pay is much lower than private sector workers, but it turns out public sector workers actually get paid around 8% more than private sector workers.

http://www.24dash.com/news/local_government/2011-07-06-Public-sector-pay-gap-widens-ONS

And before the left wingers criticise the source, it was also in the Guardian as well so it must be true!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/local-government-network/2011/jul/06/public-sector-workers-paid-more

Looks like another myth about public sector workers has been shattered. For years they've claimed that they deserve gold-plated pensions as their basic pay is much lower than private sector workers, but it turns out public sector workers actually get paid around 8% more than private sector workers.

http://www.24dash.com/news/local_government/2011-07-06-Public-sector-pay-gap-widens-ONS

And before the left wingers criticise the source, it was also in the Guardian as well so it must be true!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/local-government-network/2011/jul/06/public-sector-workers-paid-more

of course the pay difference comes from manual and bottom of the admin rung. Why do you keep clattering on about gold plated pensions? Do you parrott everything you read? Try and have an original thought Rickie

of course the pay difference comes from manual and bottom of the admin rung. Why do you keep clattering on about gold plated pensions? Do you parrott everything you read? Try and have an original thought Rickie

Did you read the report?

Archived