Public Sector Strikes

The money I could put into a pension would be invested, it exists and that investment can go up and down, what I would get depends on those investments. The money you offer to pay into your pension is money that is never given to you and isn’t put anywhere. It’s just an IOU for a future generation to worry about. The crap has hit the fan and the government seem to be struggling to honour the IOU’s that have been written in the past.

So I don’t see how a pension can be in surplus when there isn’t actually any money.

If there isn't actually any money how did Gordon Brown milk £5 billion a year out of the private sector schemes?

• 2 months later...
I see that the public sector unions have called another strike on 30 November. Judging by the lack of support and public interest from the last one, what do they hope to achieve?

what they hope and what they actually will achieve will be absolutley nothing, except to pat themselves on the back spouting how mean of the gov are to cut their excellent pensions and to try and show every other private sector worker how hard done to they are:suspect: compared to everyone else:loopy: wake up union led sheep....dont you know when you are on to a good thing??....oh and i have to pay into my own pension and guess what nobody else pays in as well....unlike your employers!! prehaps you ought to ask your glorious union leaders to contribute, i understand they are on pretty good rates of £75 -£100 k a year:loopy:

what they hope and what they actually will achieve will be absolutley nothing, except to pat themselves on the back spouting how mean of the gov are to cut their excellent pensions and to try and show every other private sector worker how hard done to they are:suspect: compared to everyone else:loopy: wake up union led sheep....dont you know when you are on to a good thing??....oh and i have to pay into my own pension and guess what nobody else pays in as well....unlike your employers!! prehaps you ought to ask your glorious union leaders to contribute, i understand they are on pretty good rates of £75 -£100 k a year:loopy:

So if strikes are not going to solve anything, why mention it? You wouldn't be trying to influence public opinion per chance?

Many of the public sector workers you are railing against will have had to invest in an education for themselves, something that you would perhaps have benefited from!:cool:

So if strikes are not going to solve anything, why mention it? You wouldn't be trying to influence public opinion per chance?

the strike is only to put two fingers up at gov, they know full well strikes dont work and have little or no public support, i dont need to influence a public that already has the measure of the public sector leeches:rolleyes:

Archived