Public Sector Strikes

Do the strikers loose any pay when they strike? Seems its a bit of a bad time to go ahead with this when the country's on its knees, bit like a kick in the teeth. I don't bear any grudge for the lower end of the public sector (Im deeply grateful to them) they deserve every penny of their pension . Its the gold plated public sector pensions which are subsidised to the tune of one trillion pounds by hard working tax payers that gets me.

These strikes will crush already struggling taxpayers.

Do the strikers loose any pay when they strike? Seems its a bit of a bad time to go ahead with this when the country's on its knees, bit like a kick in the teeth. I don't bear any grudge for the lower end of the public sector (Im deeply grateful to them) they deserve every penny of their pension . Its the gold plated public sector pensions which are subsidised to the tune of one trillion pounds by hard working tax payers that gets me.

These strikes will crush already struggling taxpayers.

If I got paid for being on strike I'd be out every Friday and Monday :hihi:

Have you ever considered that it's the PS workers that helps to provided you with your workers by teaching them, keeping them fit for work and helping to keep them safe?

Very true. Should public sector workers be reminded at daily prayer that the private sector is where every penny of their wages come from?

Of course not, it's all part if what makes up our society.

A simple truth must be realised though - the publicly sector funding system is broken and there simply is not enough money... and it will get worse over the next 20 - 30 years.

The way that we do things has to change. There isn't any alternative, and the sooner we get on with it the better off we will all be in the long run.

Our society has to grow up.

Unless you can invent more private sector taxpayers out of thin air any attempt to keep on sustaining current practices is tinkering at the margins. The current public sector system simply does not work with future demographics.

We have to do more with less. It can be done (and many wont like it for purely selfish reasons) but it needs innovation, not blind faith and pig headedness.

The alternative of carrying on as usual is too frightening to even contemplate.

Though not a public sector worker myself, I support the strike as I would support anything which helps to undermine and destabilise the coalition.

You're showing your true colours now. That statement just about says it all about your type. Sheffield and much of the north is blighted with you; you're a cancer that needs cutting out so that Britain can prosper once more.

Very true. Should public sector workers be reminded at daily prayer that the private sector is where every penny of their wages come from?

Of course not, it's all part if what makes up our society.

A simple truth must be realised though - the publicly sector funding system is broken and there simply is not enough money... and it will get worse over the next 20 - 30 years.

The way that we do things has to change. There isn't any alternative, and the sooner we get on with it the better off we will all be in the long run.

Our society has to grow up.

The point I was making is that is that it is narrow minded to suggest that the public sector does produce any income for the country. One of the earliest driving factors for the introduction of the NHS was the focus on providing a fit and healthy workforce for employers.

Archived