Holiday/Passport/Name change

Right, I have just booked our honeymoon, in my name and my partners current name, we get married on the saturday and go on the monday.

Her name will obviously change when we get married, however like i say ive booked the holiday in her name and her current passport still says her current name(obviously).

How do i go about this, can she keep her current name untill we come back or will she be carrying a false passport once we sign the marrige papers.

You have 2 choices, the first is to travel on the passport as it is which isn't illegal. The second is to change the passport prior to the wedding and honeymoon. I'm not sure how you do it because I travelled in my maiden name on my honeymoon but the travel agent assured me that I could. Get in touch with the passport agency if you want clarification but it is perfectly legal to travel on the current and valid passport.

It costs a fortune to get your name changed on a passport which is why mine is still in my maiden name 5 years after I got married! I recommend that you take a copy of your marriage certificate with you just in case...

Archived