Seafood restaurant

Cosmos2011

Sheffield isn't really a seafood place, but loch fyne isn't badly priced although you do have to remember it's a chain restaurant so don't go expecting greatness!

Many Italian restaurants do a good fish course, but obviously this can be hit and miss and there are generally only one option per course...

If you can drive, try crab and mussell in Tuxford which isn't too far from Clumber Park (Worksop)... They have set themselves up just for seafood, even though they too are miles from the sea!

If you get closer to the coast, try No7 Fish Bistro in Torquay, Devon or Moon & Sixpence in Whitby :)

The Mediterranean on Sharrow Vale Road.

Not been for about 18months but I have had some really good fish dishes in there also had duck and it was the nicest I have ever, ever had.

Mediterranean

271 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield, S11 8ZF

CUISINE: Seafood

OPENING TIMES: Mon - Sat:

TEL: +44 (0)114 266 1069

ADDRESS: 271 Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield, S11 8ZF

with this review from last week on restaurant-guide.com

Jack Wilson (12 June 2011)

Fantastic food for the value. The atmosphere and service was excellent and I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It truly has the taste of the Mediterranean as the food is freshly made and cooked when ordered. Some people may think that the restaurant is a one trick pony in terms of sea food. I disagree - non sea food dishes such as the lamb are of the highest quality. I had the muscles and the lamb loin which were sublime. Five stars

Archived