The Attic sandwich shop, city centre

I remember it, lovely food, it won't happen again, very sadly. :(

If the same family reopened it,why wouldn't it 'happen again'???

Have to say, I've been working in city centre for years, and I never heard of this sandwich shop ever:blush:

The Attic was down a little side lane on High Street. It's called High Court, on the same side as Pizza Hut and Bon Marche, and what used to be the Old Blue Bell. In fact very close to them.

I recall 'Void' was down there when I was a kid :)

Unfortunately, the overheads in the City Centre went through the roof and there were rumours that a huge out of town shopping centre (Meadowhall) was about to be built. Dad new the business would shift from the town centre and it has sadly :(

I would love to bring the Attic back again, my dad has retired now, but he still knows how to make a good sandwich ;) With his advise and skills behind me maybe I could do it? Question is, where to open it........any suggestions????

Delicious! We used to catch the No 88 bus from Stannington College at lunchtime, buy a grated cheese salad on french, catch bus back and just make it in time for afternoon registration. Certainly worth the trip.

Edited by Thirteen
error

Yes I remember the Attic. It had a certain reputation for fantastic sandwiches but I suspect, like a lot of the old sandwich shops in the city, it fell foul with the advent of the likes of Subway, Starbucks etc etc.

I feel and suspect that a “new” Attic could do well in the city, but to be able to compete with the “big boys” would be dependent upon location, price and menu and of course targeted clientele.