Which religion is the most far-fetched?

And I suppose not torturing people forever for the "sin" of not believing in you when you've given them no good reason to would also be "boring" would it?

Placing two absolute innocents deliberately designed to not know right and wrong in a garden with a talking snake who you know will talk them into eating the forbidden fruit isn't "a risk" it's a certainty, which is rather my point.

According to the bible your god:

Created Adam and Eve without the knowledge of right and wrong then blamed and grievously punished them for not knowing right from wrong.

Doesn't that strike you as more than a little insane?

No, he told them not to eat the forbidden fruit. That makes it consensual with knowledge, not innocents unaware.

No, he told them not to eat the forbidden fruit. That makes it consensual with knowledge, not innocents unaware.

The forbidden fruit which was

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam and Eves lack of knowledge of good and evil is made clear when they are not ashamed to be naked (sexual desire being evil of course):

Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Then when they eat (as they were bound too being incapable of knowing not to):

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

It is exactly as I said; According to the bible your god created Adam and Eve without the knowledge of right and wrong then blamed and grievously punished them for not knowing right from wrong.

The forbidden fruit which was

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam and Eves lack of knowledge of good and evil is made clear when they are not ashamed to be naked (sexual desire being evil of course):

Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Then when they eat (as they were bound too being incapable of knowing not to):

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

It is exactly as I said; According to the bible your god created Adam and Eve without the knowledge of right and wrong then blamed and grievously punished them for not knowing right from wrong.

You misunderstand, in my opinion, and that's just the way you interpret it, I imagine because you like to be your own boss, and don't accept a higher power than you.

Not that it bothers me. It's just a kind of, 'well you would say that...' sort of thing, to me.

You misunderstand

Apparently he does not. The quotes are accurate; God explicitly tells Adam and Eve that they are forbidden to acquire knowledge of good and evil.

There could be some errors in translation over the last 2,500 years, but since we know exactly when, where and why the Genesis account was written, and we know that Judaism predates that account by over half a millennium, it's all a bit of a moot point.

Apart from the killings that have been carried out in the name of God I think the most stupid, idiotic religion and religious people have to be those nutters who were once on louis theroux, think they were called the Westboro Baptist Church. Complete mental cases...

Closely followed by muslims then catholics.

Nutters the lot of them.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this one yet.

That's fantastic! Build a giant teapot, and lure muslims away from islam??? Mental!

Illiterate farm boys digging up gold plates is still good though - especially when you think that most people will have heard of mormons, even if they don't know what the cornerstone of the faith is - I'd never heard of people in a giant teapot until today!

Archived