Musical Taste - A Depiction Of Intelligence Levels?

depiction. What a terrible word in the context. The word you want is 'indication' not depiction.

Have to agree with you there. The OP's a troll, but he's going for benign, so I guess it's right and proper to point him towards more sensible and correct word choices.

It's a circular argument on your part. You consider certain types of music to be dumb, therefore you consider people to be thick because they listen to it, and you take that as proof of your claim.

Yes. In a nutshell.

kind of agree seems funny to me that intelligent people seem attracted to hard rock/metal, well in my experience they do

I think we must have different definitions of intelligent. lol ;)

On a more serious note, even at the spoon-fed crap end of the manufactured pop market there is discrimination. I've seen boy and girl band projects which have been launched as the next big/can't fail thing, which have fallen completely on their arses.

Which means that even at the crap end of the market, the kids still make the final choice.

Which is a good thing! :cool:

John X

Archived