Musical Taste - A Depiction Of Intelligence Levels?

Very true. The basic meat and potateos metal is a zone for airheads, but the more progressive/alternative variety attracts many eggheads.

I agree to put it in a nutshell you dont get many chavs into this genre of music.

On the other hand there are many vacuous airheads in the pub on a Saturday night who want to listen to Bon Jovi, Meatloaf etc (yawn yawn) drives me mad. If I ever have to listen to Living on a Prayer again I will shoot the dj !!

I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as good music and bad music. There's just music you like and music you don't like and to denigrate someone on the basis of their musical taste is wrong.

Yep,what he said...it's all a personal choice..I like allsorts from classical through to heavy metal via easy listening

kind of agree seems funny to me that intelligent people seem attracted to hard rock/metal, well in my experience they do

Most greasers are brain-dead due to all the kickings they've had and the headbanging has put paid to the rest of their brain cells!

I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as good music and bad music. There's just music you like and music you don't like and to denigrate someone on the basis of their musical taste is wrong.

^^^What he said.

If you were to turn up at my house unannounced you may find me listening to Bartok one day, Tool the next and Prodigy on the third. What does that say about me?

^^^What he said.

If you were to turn up at my house unannounced you may find me listening to Bartok one day, Tool the next and Prodigy on the third. What does that say about me?

You'll be getting a visit from the local Noise Nuisance team...:D

Archived